Join Waste Connections, Inc., and Connect with Your Future!
Voted one of the top 200 small and mid-cap companies in America by Forbes Magazine three years in a row, Waste Connections, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is growing throughout the U. S. Our range of services includes solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling to approximately 2 million commercial, industrial, and residential customers in 31 states.
We are looking for an experienced CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE for our Memphis, TN location. ****This position is temporary but could lead to full-time employment****
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) fields calls from Customers and works to resolve problems they raise concerning service or billing. A successful CSR must understand the Waste Connections business, so they can resolve various types of customer issues. Customer Service Representatives must show empathy or sensitivity to the customer regarding the issue at hand.
- Effectively communicates issues, needs and opportunities with customer service employees and other managers.
- Interviews customers and records interview information into computer for customer service by performing the following duties.
- Talks with customers by phone or in person and receives orders for installation, turn on, discontinuance, or change in service.
- Fills out contract forms, determines charges for service requested, collects deposits, prepares change of address records, and issues discontinuance orders.
- Solicits sale of new or additional services.
- Adjusts complaints concerning billing or service rendered, referring complaints of service failures to designated departments for investigation.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and effective use of software applications. These systems should include as a minimum, MS Word and Excel.
- Delivers services to customers in a manner that promotes goodwill. Interacts with customers and Waste Connections employees to determine service requirements, resolve problems or complaints, and seeks cost-effective, safe environmentally sound solutions to service issues.
- Promotes Waste Connections standard operating procedures, which assures efficient environmentally correct and safe workplace practices.
- Works in Conjunction with other departments to resolve customer disputes.
- Demonstrate the ability to become proficient in the use of proprietary operational systems.
Ideal candidate will possess:
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future" . Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
- 2 years of Customer Service experience in a high call volume atmosphere.
- Degree from a 4 year college or university (preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and E-Mail.
- Solid Waste Industry Experience and or related field is also preferred.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...