Customer Service Representative
About Waste Management
Do you enjoy helping others? Do you find it rewarding when you have solved a customer's problem? Is working for an award winning organization with a team of other professionals committed to world class customer service a place that you'd like to grow your career? If your answer is yes, then apply for the Customer Service Representative role today. We want people like you that will help us continue to grow as an industry leader.
Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) receives and processes service and sales calls from residential customers and serves as the end-to-end point of contact for these customers. The CSR is responsible for closing new customer sales utilizing a consultative selling approach. They are responsible for maintaining current customers by utilizing creative problem solving and negotiation skills to resolve customer issues. Additionally, they handle service requests and changes and act as the customer's focal point to maintain strong customer relationships. The CSR is expected to collaborate with their team of Customer Service Representatives to meet overall call center objectives and enhance the customer service experience while working to exceed all customers' expectations.
- Required: High School Diploma or G.E.D. and a minimum of 2 years working in a customer service or call center environment handling customer requests, account or order changes and issues.
- Preferred: A four-year degree or six years of experience. Training or experience in a consultative selling approach.
- Internal candidates must be performing in an above average capacity in their current position, be an employee in good standing and have worked at WM for 12 months.
- No written or final disciplinary actions of any type within 90 days prior to eligibility of achieving level status.
- Proficiency in MS Office,
- Strong Keyboarding Skills WPM (35+)
- Professional phone etiquette.
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills.
- A positive and engaged attitude
- Handle the stress of multi-tasking as well as ability to 'talk and type'.
- Possesses an energetic and tenacious achievement orientation.
- Utilize multiple applications (4+) on one or more screens.
- Ability to react well under pressure and treat others with respect.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Good time management skills to prioritize and plan work activities.
- Focuses on solving conflicts and listening to others without interrupting.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Works efficiently and effectively, both independently and as a team to ensure exceeding call center's standards.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities and helps build a positive team spirit.
- Adapts and able to deal with frequent changes in the work environment.
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations and respond promptly to service requests to meet customer commitments.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness to meet productivity standards in a timely manner.
- Show inquisitiveness and eagerness to gain sales or business related knowledge; proactively seeks out both formal and informal experiences that can provide new skills, behaviors and/or knowledge.
- Be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- 18 years of age or older.
Apply today if you are interested in real opportunities for career growth while making a difference in the communities we serve.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401k plan, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Waste Management - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Waste Management is the leading provider of comprehensive waste management and environmental services in North America. We are also a...