JOB SUMMARY: The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for establishing and maintaining emotional engagement with customers and ensuring a world class customer experience. This position manages the customer experience throughout the repair process. The CSR will use a value-added approach while leveraging all the resources of the dealership to provide customer centered solutions. The ideal candidate will combine strong diagnostic and problem solving skills with the ability to work in a fast paced, customer facing position. This position will use knowledge of Western States’ customers, equipment, and maintenance habits to identify opportunities to serve and promote the Western States Value Proposition. This position is also responsible for growing the retail service business by prospecting new customers.
• Ensures a world class customer experience is produced with every transaction.
• Employs sales tactics and strategies to sell the technical capabilities of the Service Department to existing and potential customers.
• Communicates with other team members to ensure a consistent, predictable, and repeatable experience for customers.
• Qualifies the repair needs with the customer and collects the necessary information needed to accurately create a quote or estimate of repair.
• Performs all sales functions (quotes, estimates, bids, etc.) for incoming phone calls and walk-in customers needing service work.
• Makes sales calls (telephone) to customers to generate service business to keep the schedule full and assigned team of technicians optimized.
• Analyzes all customer data to recommend repairs, identify up sell opportunities and increase customer awareness of service capabilities.
• Collaborates with Product Support Sales Representatives (PSSRs) and other department’s sales representatives (Sales Representatives, Rental Sales Representatives) to coordinate service opportunities in assigned areas.
• Promotes and manages marketing campaigns in partnership with PSSRs that are designed to drive business into assigned areas.
• Maintains constant communication with customer before, during, and after repair to ensure expectations are met or exceeded.
• Conveys customer expectations to internal employees to ensure an exceed the expected customer experience.
• Leverages full dealership capabilities to provide solutions for customer needs.
• Evaluates all Warranty, Policy, and Service update issues that may be required for the particular type of machine being repaired. Communicates those to affected customers and arranges for the update to be completed.
• Makes internal policy decisions for the Service Department and will work with other departments to ensure the policy expenses are allocated to the appropriate internal accounts.
• Adheres to all customer care standards.
• Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adhere to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
• May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of Western States’ strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
• Works within to promote corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Possesses the basic technical skills necessary to understand the scope of work and high level processes involved with the repair specific to assigned area. (General Repair, Engine/Generator, Truck, etc.)
• Ability to comprehend, capture and interpret customer and equipment information.
• Excellent computer skills, proficient use of Microsoft Office applications, customer relationship management, and work management software.
• Proven negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Proven skills in written and verbal communications, planning, organizing, leadership and interpersonal relationship building.
• Must be a self starter and able to work without supervision.
• Work well under pressure with ability to set and manage multiple priorities and adapt to changing demands of the work environment.
• Strategic thinking with exceptional follow through and coordination abilities.
• Ability to build rapport to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers resulting in loyalty.
• Must be an excellent collaborator, listener, and team player.
• Must be inherently curious and have the ability to ask insightful questions of others.
• Consistent attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• Associates Degree from an accredited vocational school preferred.
• Five years minimum experience working on heavy equipment in a Caterpillar or similar environment or five years detailed working knowledge of heavy equipment in a Caterpillar or similar environment with hydraulic, engine and power-train experience/knowledge preferred.
• Customer service and/or sales experience managing customer expectations preferred.
• Knowledge of customer service and sales principles and practices preferred.
• Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record required.
• Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time along with walking, standing, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
Western States is an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Western States Equipment - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard