Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world's most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the world’s most ethical and sustainable companies.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for customer service relations, resolving customer service problems in regard to all areas of business operations, quotes rates, and provides marketing service to customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepares marketing material for new and existing customers.
· Updates customer sales database; informs Account Executive of sales leads.
· Assists customers with their inquiries (i.e., gives rate quotation for shipping and trucking); communicates with customers when there is a delay or other shipping problem.
· Maintains frequent contact with several other departments within the organization to resolve customer concerns and/or questions and to coordinate forwarding activities.
· May be responsible for scheduling and booking cargo, including in-land trucking arrangements. May establish preferred carrier pool with trucking companies; establishes schedule of export vessel shipments.
· May prepare and distribute invoices (both A/P and A/R), statements and log updates.
· May process shipment documentation (airway bills), computer data entry.
· Maintains weekly shipping reports (truck shipments; outgoing vessel shipments, etc.); new shipper’s report; drop shipment report.
Education and Experience: Associates’ Degree plus 2 or more years’ related freight forwarding/sales experience in transportation, logistics, or project management; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be bilingual Spanish.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.