Is the first point of contact and communication with Customers/Distributors/Subsidiaries. Responsible that the customer service operations, inquiries, and problem solving needs are timely, accurate and consistently met. Follows compliance with trade regulations, company policies, and procedures
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Processes orders with quality and efficiency from receipt to shipment of goods. Prepares shipping documents, customs documentation, problem solves order discrepancies, and ensures regulatory approval before shipping.
• Follows Global Trade standard operating procedures set for international government regulations/processes.
• Keeps records and communicates shipment advice notifications of international transactions of Exports, Imports, Complaint/ Returns, and Freight Forwarding, etc. Monitors the receiving and quality of AWB and EEI (Electronic Export Information) provided by the Freight Forwarders or carriers and process the EEI thru the AES (Automated Export System) when applicable.
• Liaise with other internal departments such as: Operations, Sales, Global trade, Supply Chain, Regulatory, Marketing, Compliance Program (EMCP) to resolve export compliance failures, freight estimates, and facilitate the proper flow of information between the business and the customer.
• Provides quotes for products as requested.
• Escalates potential compliance concerns for investigation. Opens calls, complaints, work orders, return authorization numbers and report resolutions to management.
• Works closely with master data analyst to ensure pricing is updated timely in QAD.
• Problem solves order issues with the customer regarding pricing, availability, terms and delivery.
• Interpret information on sales promotions, discounts by entering updates in ERP system.
• Check open order and backlog reports daily to ensure timely processing of customer orders.
• Consolidates monthly reports for internal and external use and analysis as required.
• Consistently provides excellent customer service.
• Receive, assist with inquiries and process orders for products by e-mail, phone or by fax, coordinating with shipping and Freight Forwarder, ensuring invoice, broker releases, returns and claims are issued for all the Brazilian Distributors. Managing the movement of equipment in and/or out of the country for the Brazilian Customers in accordance with organizational policy and procedure, and to comply with relevant local, country and international law and process.
• Maintain Open programs opened by the Brazilian distributors, track their progress and send Monthly reports
• Support to Event Management, coordinating the shipments for all the material needed for the Brazilian congresses & courses. Track the return of the material (when is applicable) and report the status.
• Maintain the contract pricing in the system for the Brazilian customers once they have been defined and approved by upper Management.
• Support to the Regulatory Department from the Customer Service area in the Sanitary Registration process for Brazil.
• Responsible for opening calls, complaints, work orders, Return Authorization numbers, and liaise with the Repairs department in order to assure service to our Brazilian Distributors.
• Support on collections for the Brazilian Accounts, processing with the Corporate Account Receivables Department all credit card payments.
Education and Experience:
High School required. Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
International Customer Service experience required.
Experience with export documentation and order entry.
Prior experience working with Freight Forwarders preferred.
Experience using ERP System.
Experience in multicultural environment preferred.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements/ Specialized Courses and/or Training:
• Ability to multitask effectively and efficiently in a changing work environment
• Ability to talk to others to convey information effectively at all levels.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Portuguese required. Spanish is a plus.
• Well-developed organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
• Social perception being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
• Adjusts actions in relation to others’ reactions.
• Specific knowledge of importing and exporting procedures and associated shipping requirements.
• Gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times with a variety of audiences.
• Strong time management skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
• Using logic and reasoning to identify the strength and weakness of alternative solutions or approaches to problem solving.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Portuguese. Spanish a plus.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Proficient software skills: Word/ Excel/ Power Point/database and internet research tools, ERP and software associated with office environments. Proficiency in software associated with trade such as AES program preferred. Proficiency in a fully integrated ERP system.
Arthrex - 24 months ago