The Customer Service Specialist is responsible for conducting customer and bank transactions with accuracy, speed, efficiency, and professionalism standards, including addressing clients by name. May be designated lead teller for check approval and other approval purposes defined by the supervisor and asked to provide technical assistance to other tellers. Loss prevention awareness and skill is essential. Is expected to provide consistently excellent customer service in various operations related areas and to consistently cross-sell bank products and services and to generate referrals as appropriate. Employees in this position may be progressively cross-trained in new account processes as deemed appropriate by branch manager and in conjunction with the sales and service needs of the branch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provide exceptional service in handling customers in person or on the telephone.
2. Order checks and make changes to customer information including new address in an accurate and timely manner according to the customer’s request.
3. Process deposits, withdrawals, check cash, loan payment and other transactions including but not limited to reject items and returned items.
4. Involve supervisors if transactions are over authority limits or exceptionally complex.
5. Responsible for loss prevention in the processing all transactions and duties.
6. Issue cashier’s checks, bank checks, money orders and travelers checks.
7. Keep work station neat, clean and well stocked with supplies and brochure materials.
8. Additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisors may include:
o Night & Mail Depository
o ATM balancing
o Safe Deposit Box
o Filing signature cards and documents
o May help with a variety of audits and verifications
o Input fund holds and stop payment request to core system
o Address changes, CD renewals, etc.
o Branch backcounter capture
o Miscellaneous tasks and duties associated with the operations of a retail banking branch
9. Comply with the Bank’s security program, including but not limited to:
o Review and comply with the End-User Computing Agreement
o Acquire good knowledge on functions and usage of computer systems as related to the assigned job functions.
o Be current and knowledgeable in industry’s trend in safeguarding the Bank against confidential data leak, identity theft, fraudulent activities, and computer security threats.
o Reports suspicious activities to manager, Chief Risk Officer or Information Security Officer.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
•Some experience in retail sales and customer service functions a plus
•Present a professional image in dealing with customers, interdepartmental and external representatives.
•High school graduate or equivalent.
•Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person, and over the phone.
•Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or customer complaints.
BBCN Bank - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
At BBCN Bank we offer a variety of quality banking services, including internet and telephone banking services. This Internet Banking...