Minneapolis Community and Technical College (MCTC) is a public two-year college located in the heart of downtown Minneapolis. MCTC enrolls over 14,500 credit students annually and is an active partner in initiatives designed to strengthen the social, economic and cultural vitality of the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Created in 1996, under the umbrella of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) system, MCTC is the result of the merger of two institutions: a technical college with a long history of vocational education dating back to 1914 and an open-enrollment community college established in 1965. Minneapolis Community and Technical College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and encourages application from underrepresented groups.
Examples of Duties:
Under the provisions of Article XII of the labor agreement between the State of Minnesota and AFSCME, Council 5, the following position is open for bids from eligible employees in the seniority unit for a period of (7) calendar days from the posting date of this notice.
Employment Conditions: Full-time, Unlimited
Hours of Work: M onday Thru Thursday 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Provide comprehensive admission, records and registration, and financial aid information to prospective, current and returning students, alumni staff, faculty, the community, and departments of government agencies. Complete numerous functions related to the processing of admission, records and registration, and financial aid of prospective, current and returning students.
· Experience with data base management skills sufficient to perform the duties of the position.
· Customer service skills (phone, and in person). Sufficient to perform the duties of the position in order to give prompt, courteous and accurate information to customers in person, on the phone, and through e-mail and other written correspondence.
· Possess keyboarding skills, word processing using Microsoft Word or equivalent software, sufficient to produce memos and correspondence in an efficient and timely manner.
· Spreadsheet skills sufficient to develop and modify electronic spreadsheets.
· Data entry skills sufficient to read receive and review source documents, compare documents to database information and edit, code, and correct documents.
· Ability to work in an environment which requires long periods of sitting.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and security concerning all information received and documents processed within the Admissions, Financial Aid and Registrar’s Office.
· Knowledge of or experience in any of the following: admission, financial aid, records and registration processes and procedures.
HOW TO APPLY:
FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES :
In accordance with Article 12 of the Agreement with AFSCME, Council 5, the following position(s) is vacant and will be filled as soon as possible. Only eligible employees as defined by the provisions of Article 12, Section 6, may submit a bid for the vacancy. Article 12, Section 6, states in part “any employee who has successfully filled a vacancy --- via a bid, shall not be entitled to bid on another vacancy for a period of six (6) months following the date upon which the employee exercised the bid.” However, a permanent, non-probationary classified employee who is part-time, unlimited, part-time seasonal or full-time seasonal may bid on a full-time unlimited vacancy at any time. Unclassified and probationary employees are not eligible to bid.
Other Interested individuals should apply via the Minnesota Management & Budget website ( http://www.careers.state.mn.us/ ) by August 5-7, 2013.
Minneapolis Community and Technical College - 7 months ago