Customer Service Specialist will be responsible for performing teller functions by processing transactions efficiently and accurately while providing the customer with an exceptional customer experience. Responsible for building customer confidence, trust, and loyalty through courtesy and professionalism, including addressing customers by name. Identifies customer needs; offers and refers personal and business financial products to customers. Provides basic sales and service functions, and performs more advanced teller functions, including opening new accounts.
**This position is part time, working 25 hours per week. **
• Responsible for establishing, retaining, building rapport and deepening relationships with existing and new customers in the community to achieve branch sales goals and provide "Hometown Helpful" service, while building customer confidence and trust.
• Perform transactions such as opening checking, savings, certificates and IRA accounts as well as more complicated transactions such as IRA contributions, roll-overs, transfers and distributions.
• Identify customer needs, recommends the right solutions and "perfect fit" products, closes sales, addresses inquiries/questions/objections, resolves issues, and recognizes and refers cross sales opportunities. Educate customer on alternative channels that provide service.
• Perform and adheres to all operational and security policies and procedures, including enforcing compliance and privacy policies and procedures to maintaining customer confidentiality and information protection.
• Perform security and maintenance of proper cash requirements in teller drawers, adheres to authority limits, and balances teller drawer/cash.
• Identify and refer clients to other Sterling Savings Bank financial products, services and subsidiaries, through outbound calls, prospecting, community service, and in-branch customer visits.
• Responsible for achieving referral goals and understanding how these contribute to branch success.
• Perform branch functions requiring an in-depth knowledge of branch transactions. May include monthly cash counts, cash control, interest penalty calculations, branch self audits and others.
• Responsible for representing Sterling Savings Bank in a professional, confidential and courteous manner.
High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
1 - 3 years CSR or teller experience at another financial institution or experience in a retail environment with proven effective customer service and cash handling experience required.
• Demonstrate the ability to effectively deal with all levels of customers in a professional, "Hometown Helpful" manner, utilizing strong customer service, interpersonal, and listening skills.
• Proven ability to refer bank products and services. Also refer using "needs-based" selling.
• Proficient problem solving skills and the ability to adapt.
• Ability to do basic math calculations and operate on-line terminals, keyboards, and calculators.
• Ability to maintain a friendly, courteous demeanor throughout the day. Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Basic teller training course completion preferred.
Ability to stand for long periods of time when providing customer service.
Length of working day can be unpredictable due to balancing. Exposed to potential hazard of robbery - receives detailed instruction to minimize risk.
Office Environment – no specific or unusual physical demands.
Please no recruiters, agencies, third-party agents or consultants – only direct applications from candidates. Inquiries may be directed to the Human Resources Department at HR.BusinessPartners@bankwithsterling.com.
Sterling Financial Corporation is the holding company for Sterling Bank (formerly Sterling Savings Bank), one of the largest regional...