People want to be treated like individuals. At Cigna, we get that. That’s why we embrace and encourage peoples’ uniqueness, helping to give them the strength and confidence to show the world who they really are. The coverage, expertise and services we provide are at the very core of how we help people achieve their full potential – and ultimately, improve their health, well-being and sense of security.
But before we can accomplish any of that, we have to have the right people in place. People like you.
Skills, experience, talent and creativity like yours enables us to develop the meaningful, innovative solutions our customers value and expect. That’s why we’re committed to recruiting, motivating and nurturing the best and the brightest, whether you have industry experience or not. We’re growing a workforce as unique and diverse as the millions of customers we proudly serve around the world – one individual at a time.
Supervises the daily activities of a group of customer service representatives who respond to/research customer/member inquiries/issues. Provides direction and guidance regarding policies, procedures, workflows, customer service quality, and training needs. Responsible for monitoring customer service standards. This is the first line supervisor of Customer Service Representatives. Typically has eight or more years of experience customer service experience.
- Supports high quality Customer Service by managing a team of 15-30 Customer Service Associates.
- Sets goals for team members to ensure department/company standards are met.
- Assists the team in meeting key service indicators, including quality and production metrics.
- Utilizes all resources in the most efficient and economical manner.
- Ensures review of workflows on an ongoing basis to optimize efficiencies.
- Guides team to identify trends/root causes and implement solutions.
- Strives to implement practices leading to improved service/performance.
- Assures continuous quality improvements and best practices.
- Supports new technologies as a tool for driving increased efficiencies and stronger results.
- Ensures all team members are fully trained on and fully utilizes appropriate technology.
- Provides technical assistance to the team and assists members with problem solving.
- Serves as a role model for staff, maintaining a professional, positive work environment that promotes a high performance environment.
- Manages personnel issues consistently and in accordance with department and CIGNA policies.
- Provides day-to-day leadership, coaching, and counseling to assigned staff.
- Analyzes individual performance in quality, customer satisfaction, and productivity based on quality monitoring results and customer satisfaction detail from internal and external customers and ACD reports.
- Monitors assigned staff and provides real time feedback.
- Administers performance management and disciplinary action on a timely basis consistent with company policy.
- Develops detailed documentation of action taken, ensuring all documentation is properly maintained.
- Documents and reports problems related to telephone and systems and takes necessary action.
- Investigates and resolves escalated and complex customer issues and problems, identifying areas of customer satisfaction and dissatisfaction.
- Communicates effectively across all levels.
- Regularly monitors morale and assesses necessary actions; suggests department-wide performance improvement ideas and strategies.
- Fosters an environment conducive to lowering voluntary turnover.
- Conducts interviews and is involved in the hiring process.
- Strives to create a high performance culture by appropriately assessing internal and external talent.
- Monitors and manages CSA's to ensure high level of schedule adherence including the limited use of AUX.
- Communicates regularly with resource planners to ensure appropriate staffing levels to meet service goals.
- Participates in all scheduled meetings with manager, peers, and staff as assigned.
- Ensures customer service team receives appropriate information from meetings, and solicits feedback from customer service team to provide representation of department's input
- Works on various projects as assigned.
College degree or related work experience required.
Hours: Sunday 9 AM to 7:30 PM; Mon thru Wed 1 PM to 11:30 PM (4 day work week)
- Five years or more management experience or equivalent experience in a leadership position required.
- Prior Call Center environment experience preferred.
- Demonstrated call center business knowledge.
- Proven ability to serve as a professional role model and to support department/corporate initiatives.
- Excellent PC skills required.
- Demonstrated sound judgment, tact, and negotiation skills as well as knowledge of general management practices to assess impact of decisions/recommendations and alternatives.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service excellence by taking the necessary initiative to resolve problems and process improvement within the center.
- Excellent organization skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize and apportion work to meet required, department time frames.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with limited supervision.
- Influence skills in the communication and delegation of assignments and responsibilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to effectively interact with customers and employees in order to explain services and procedures and to resolve problems.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to analyze data from several different systems and sources to determine the appropriate course of action.
- Successful work experience in member/customer/provider service is essential.
- Demonstrated familiarity with pharmacy benefits.
- Ability to train/coach representatives.
CIGNA offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, 401k plan, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
We encourage you to complete all questions on the candidate profile if you wish to be considered for this opportunity.
CIGNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CIGNA - 12 months ago
With a significant position in the US health insurance market, CIGNA covers some 11.5 million Americans with its various medical plans. The...