The Customer Service Supervisor is responsible for the effective delivery of Branch services by supervising and coaching the Customer Service Representative (CSR) staff, managing paying, receiving, and new account operations, and ensuring the promotion and cross-sales of financial products. Provide scheduling and workflow prioritization. Resolve customer issues. Ensure transactions are performed appropriately and all work is balanced in compliance with audit, accounting, and management requirements. Foster a teamwork environment among CSRs to ensure that quality service is provided and sales goals are met. At all times, provide superior customer service.
Branch Operations Activities (up to 30%)
Deposit/Lending Activities (up to 20%)
- Schedules CSRs and ensure appropriate staff coverage.
- Works with CSR staff to effectively direct lobby traffic.
- Communicates audit/operational standards to staff, performs and reviews internal audits, ensuring adherence to policies and procedures.
- Keeps staff aware of security procedures and ensure controls are maintained over items such as keys, combinations, security signals and cash limits.
- Determines rejects/returns within the branch operation application based on guidelines established by the Branch Manager and/or Retail Leadership.
- Provides operations training to CSRs as necessary.
- Increases operational efficiency.
Service Activities (up to 100%)
- As needed: Performs paying and receiving services; opens and closes customer accounts; balances ATM, traveler’s checks, vault, etc.; and originates consumer loans.
- Provide customers accurate and complete information on FDIC insurance and appropriate regulation requirements.
Leadership Activities (up to 25%)
- Consistently sets example for CSR staff by providing exemplary customer service.
- Monitors service levels and coaches CSR staff as appropriate.
- Actively listens to our customers, and maintains a friendly, positive, professional attitude. Resolves difficult situations with creativity, tact and diplomacy.
- Works with CSRs to find creative ways to make customers feel special.
- Performs customer retention activities.
- Participates in a minimum of two community involvement activities. Work with the Branch Manager to determine which community events to sponsor each year.
Sales Activities (up to 20%)
- Coaches CSRs for improved job performance, conducts performance reviews, and develops individual performance goals. Works with manager on termination and hiring activities.
- Positively recognizes staff for exceptional customer service, sales, and operations.
- Partners with staff to encourage their professional development.
- Serves as liaison with corporate marketing to lead Neighborhood Banking program, such as maintaining branch merchandising and Tell-A-Friend contests.
- Provides cross-sales training targeted to the specific needs of the CSR staff and the branch.
- Works with the Branch Manager to set and meet team goals and motivate staff to reach those goals.
- Contribute to profit and growth by participating in and monitoring goal achievement for deposit growth, both checking and savings products, and home equity loan products.
- Leads staff meetings.
- Works with the Branch Manager on business customer prospecting / business development activities, including going on outside calls.
- Participates in sales programs to generate new customers.
- Actively profiles existing customers to capitalize on sales opportunities, ensuring recommended products meet needs of customer.
- Coaches CSR staff in sales skills.
Minimum of 5 years job experience as a Senior CSR/New Accounts Representative/Personal Banker or equivalent and 2 years in a Customer Service Supervisor/Branch Assistant Manager role or equivalent, plus demonstrated leadership ability in a bank/branch operations environment.
Professional staff development, performance management, training, and employee counseling skills are required.
Proven ability to lead and develop a team.
Proven history of negotiation and influencing skills. Proven sales techniques and sales management skills.
Technical skills and experience to operate teller software, Word, Excel, and other bank-related computer programs.
Strong customer relations skills and the ability to communicate and work well with employees and customers in a cooperative, positive manner.
Must be a self-starter, dependable, able to work within deadlines under pressure.
Must possess excellent judgment, and the ability to accept responsibility and handle confidential information.
Ability to work quickly and accurately, to analyze information and make decisions.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Requires ability to operate teller and office equipment including computers, adding machines, telephones, typewriters, copy machines, fax machines, electronic credit card authorization terminals, and security devices.
Requires physical exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (1/3 of the time) and a negligible amount of force frequently (up to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move self or objects. Frequent (up to 1/2 of the time) sitting. Walking, standing, bending and reaching occasionally and for brief periods of time.
HomeStreet Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer