Provides, and maintains water meters and associated parts for City water service.
Example of Duties:
- Reads water meters on assigned route
- Installs or pulls meters for new connects, disconnects or change outs of existing meters. Tags and logs meters.
- Locates, solves or reports problems in field including water theft, leaks and destruction of City property. Test meters for leaks. Repairs or replaces damaged meters, meter wells, contents and lids.
- Hangs notices on customer's doors.
- Maintains reports on daily activities, meters, truck maintenance, parts supplies and tools.
- Answers questions from customers and/or builders problems with water meters and wells in the field in a professional courteous manner.
- Operates City vehicles and 2-way radios.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Experience and TCEQ 'D' license preferred.
- Must be able to obtain the Class D Water Operator license through the Texas Commission of Environmental Quality (TCEQ) within eighteen months of employment hire date.
- Valid Texas State driver's license required.
- Required to maintain their TCEQ license throughout their employment with the City of League City.
- Skills in operating hand tools and driving a truck.
- Knowledge of City streets, minor plumbing and electronics and meter equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work effectively with the public and to work independently outdoors in all weather conditions.
City of League City, TX - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard