The CST performs a variety of duties related to the installation and service of bundled telecommunications services in customers’ homes and businesses.
· Installs and troubleshoots telephone, cable, and internet services from drop tap to antenna terminals on customer equipment
· Climbs poles, ladders and other structures with proper equipment (safety belt, safety strap, and climbers)
· Educates customers on channel line up and use of service related equipment
· Analyzes video/audio quality and determines acceptability of video/audio delivered upon completion of installation
· On call during scheduled time periods, and responds to calls as needed
· Performs all work in accordance with Knology’s Quality Control guidelines
· Operates and maintains assigned vehicle in accordance with Company guidelines, and ensures that vehicle is stocked with necessary equipment
· Coordinates with other departments as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution
· Maintains sense of urgency and consistently meets deadlines
· Accurately completes required paperwork and documentation associated with each job assignment
We have a video about the CST Installer role that can be viewed at the following link: http://www.knology.com/knologyvideo.cfm
I f you are unable to connect to connect to the video from the above link, you can also copy the link and paste it into your browser.
Requirements / Qualifications:
· High School diploma or equivalent is required
· Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record is required
· Experience in telephone, cable, or internet installation is preferred
· Must be able to use laptop and handheld device to enter account notes and post customer payments
· Must be able to lift and carry loads of up to 75 lbs
· Must be able to work while standing, bending, or kneeling
· Vision ability required: close vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
· Must be able to work and travel in all types of weather conditions.
· Manipulates connectors, fasteners, wires and uses hand tools
· Must be able to climb ladders and or poles.
· Must be able to work from elevated heights and in tight spaces such as attics and crawlspaces.
· Frequently required to verbally communicate with customers and other employees.
Knology keeps couch potatoes knowledgeable about their local TV listings. The company provides voice, video, and data services through its...