Support to the Government telecommunications systems, including inside and outside cable system repair, maintenance, and installation, as assigned by the supervisor or Operations Manager. Assigned cable systems will emphasize LAN/WAN and CATV cable systems typically utilizing CAT 3/5E/6 copper, fiber, and/or coax cable and outside plant cabling to include copper and fiber-optic.
Provide crossover support to other MTS Technicians on-site is mandatory as required by the Supervisor.
Proficient use of special tools and test equipment is required. Cable troubleshooting/splicing, climbing, manhole work, lifting, and operation of heavy equipment may be required.
Support and perform installation of single, dual, triple or quad LAN and voice jacks as required.
Support to system equipments and instruments.
Follow established guidelines set forth by the Customer, MTS, and the supervisor for conduct and work performance.
Direct involvement in work order evaluation, scheduling, and execution, and on-time work order update and closeout.
Isolate system problems and malfunctions; take timely corrective action to meet conditions of MTS contract.
Additional work hours beyond normal duty hours may be necessary, at times, to complete the weekly workload based upon the discretion of the Chief Technician.
On-call availability during off-hours in the event of service problems with the system;
Effective time management to allow for involvement in special task order projects as assigned by the supervisor.
Fostering of excellent relations with the Customer and the Team on behalf of MTS.
- Experience and proficiency in installation, termination and testing of premise/building/Network cabling to include Cat3, Cat5, Cat5e, Cat6, Fiber-Optic, Coax, Riser and Backbone Cables.
- Ability to interpret CAD design drawings and adhere to NEC, BICSI - EIA - TIA specifications.
- Must have overall understanding and knowledge of telecommunications infrastructure and voice and data applications.
- Must possess solid experience in complete pre-cabling preparation, installation of patch panels, punch down 66/110 blocks, 110-patch panel, and various data and voice jacks.
- Capable of working effectively with co-workers and fulfill customer requests
Compensation: Mutual Telecom Services Inc. offers a competitive salary with health benefits as well as 401(k) and vacation pay.
- Position requires an active DOE “Q” Clearance.
- High School Diploma and at least 5 years of telephony experience in the last 7 years.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on applications are required.
- Ability to work extremely flexible hours and support on-call duties and shift work is required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Mutual Telecom Services Inc. (MTS) - 21 months ago