Responsible for the delivery of account-specific skills training to SYKES customer support agents using diverse methods including classroom instruction, one-on-one mentoring, and facilitation of e-Learning opportunities. To facilitate organizational flexibility and quality of training, this position is also responsible for providing customers and end users technical phone support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
No direct supervisory responsibilities, but indirectly supervises 14-20 customer support agents assigned to training programs that varies in duration from three (3) days to five (5) weeks.
- Adherence to SYKES policies on ethics and integrity.
- Administers effective evaluation and testing techniques to assess trainee performance.
- Assure preparation of the instructional site, including PC configuration, network connectivity, audio-visual equipment, props and other training supplies.
- Communicates with management, support agents, and client representatives using professionally written email, letters and memos.
- In collaboration with account and center management, conducts needs analysis using methods such as agent testing, remote quality monitoring and performance tracking.
- Delivers classroom instruction, demonstrating effective communication, presentation, media applications, questioning, conflict resolution, and employee management skills.
- Focuses instruction around agent behaviors that ensure customer satisfaction, contractual metric compliance, and increased revenue for the company.
- Mentors individual customer support agents during extended periods of time when not engaged in classroom instruction.
- Prepares and organizes instructional manuals, learning aids, job aids, and learning evaluations such as quizzes and tests.
- Reviews course materials and trainee information, preparing for training delivery.
- Reviews training programs for completeness and accuracy, recommending revisions or additions when necessary.
- Provides customers and end users with product and/or technical phone support by: o
- Receiving transactions from users regarding customer service or technical support related needs based upon the scope of support provided by contract to Sykes' clients. o
- Determining appropriate action to be taken on customer's behalf, which may include problem determination and appropriate next steps. Informs customer of those appropriate next steps and works with customer to achieve issue resolution. o
- Responsible for meeting established individual and team performance targets, which include customer service, productivity and quality standards.
- Incorporates skills obtained while providing technical phone support in future customer support agent training course development.
- May perform other additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent; Associates Degree (A.A.) or the equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred. One year experience in customer support required. Experience in classroom training or corporate mentoring, preferably in a call center environment preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Training and nesting completed
- Meet metrics
- Be in good standing; not have received a written warning or higher in the last 12 months or be on a Performance Improvement Plan
- Ability to use personal computers and log onto internal networks; Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, and e-mail applications; Ability to access Internet resources and use web browser applications
- Ability to accept varied schedules as needed
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, corporate procedures/regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and/or listen. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Employees are required to maintain compliance with SYKES safety, security, and privacy programs. Additionally, all employees world-wide are responsible for being an active participant in the SYKES safety, security and privacy programs to protect SYKES' business operations, facilities, and physical and intellectual property and to ensure a safe and secure working environment for all SYKES' employees.
Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated is firmly committed to conducting business in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and other accepted standards of business conduct as reflected in the company's policies. Employees are encouraged to observe the highest standards of professionalism at all times, and are expected to adhere to the SYKES Standards of Conduct for Compliance and Integrity ( www.sykes.com ). SYKES is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SYKES is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated - 8 months ago
Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated (SYKES) is a provider of outsourced customer contact management solutions and services in the business...