Responsible for the delivery of account-specific skills training to SYKES customer support agents using diverse methods including classroom instruction, one-on-one mentoring, and facilitation of e-Learning opportunities. To facilitate organizational flexibility and quality of training, this position is also responsible for providing customers and end users technical phone support. |
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
None Yes (See "General Management Duties and Responsibilities" addendum) No direct supervisory responsibilities, but indirectly supervises 14-20 customer support agents assigned to training programs that varies in duration from three (3) days to five (5) weeks.
- Adherence to SYKES policies on ethics and integrity.
- Administers effective evaluation and testing techniques to assess trainee performance.
- Assure preparation of the instructional site, including PC configuration, network connectivity, audio-visual equipment, props and other training supplies.
- Communicates with management, support agents, and client representatives using professionally written email, letters and memos.
- In collaboration with account and center management, conducts needs analysis using methods such as agent testing, remote quality monitoring and performance tracking.
- Delivers classroom instruction, demonstrating effective communication, presentation, media applications, questioning, conflict resolution, and employee management skills.
- Focuses instruction around agent behaviors that ensure customer satisfaction, contractual metric compliance, and increased revenue for the company.
- Mentors individual customer support agents during extended periods of time when not engaged in classroom instruction.
- Prepares and organizes instructional manuals, learning aids, job aids, and learning evaluations such as quizzes and tests.
- Reviews course materials and trainee information, preparing for training delivery.
- Reviews training programs for completeness and accuracy, recommending revisions or additions when necessary.
- Provides customers and end users with product and/or technical phone support by: o
- Receiving transactions from users regarding customer service or technical support related needs based upon the scope of support provided by contract to Sykes' clients. o
- Determining appropriate action to be taken on customer's behalf, which may include problem determination and appropriate next steps. Informs customer of those appropriate next steps and works with customer to achieve issue resolution. o
- Responsible for meeting established individual and team performance targets, which include customer service, productivity and quality standards.
- Incorporates skills obtained while providing technical phone support in future customer support agent training course development.
- May perform other additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associates Degree (A.A.) or the equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred. One year experience in customer support required. Experience in classroom training or corporate mentoring, preferably in a call center environment preferred.
SYKES is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer .
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Training and nesting completed
- Meet metrics
- Be in good standing; not have received a written warning or higher in the last 12 months or be on a Performance Improvement Plan
- Ability to use personal computers and log onto internal networks; Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, and e-mail applications; Ability to access Internet resources and use web browser applications
- Ability to accept varied schedules as needed
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard
Sykes Enterprises provides business process outsourcing services, IT consulting and IT-enabled services, such as technical support and...