Develop and administer Blended Learning Curriculum for new hires as well as existing employees to ensure all agents receive appropriate initial and on-going ‘hard’ skill and ‘soft’ skill training, understand all related systems and policies, and are well-versed in our expectations around quality, production and the customer experience. The Trainer works with the Supervisor of Quality & Development to create an overall educational plan as well as individual action plans, as needed, in order to create and maintain a high-performing department during a period of significant change.
• Conduct Instructor Led Training sessions for new hires as well as existing employees.
• Develop original e-learning modules that equip new hires and existing agents with the knowledge, skills and attitude needed for all levels of work within Customer Service. Assign modules to employees via SkillPort and monitor scores to ensure agents are achieving or exceeding required minimums.
• Research and select high-quality courses from third-party providers and vendors such as the International Customer Management Institute, Avaya, the American Society for Training and Development and TED Talks in order to expose agents, supervisors, and QA/Training personnel to new perspectives on healthcare, the evolving role of Customer Service in competitive environments and ways to optimize our technology for a better customer experience. Ensure all established agents, supervisors and Training/QA personnel are participating in at least two hours of Instructor Led Training or Online Training per month. Develop method to capture and report participation of employees to Supervisors and Manager.
• Develop new and supplementary Instructor Led Training sessions, e-learning modules and job aids to re-train agents in the use of QNXT and ICD-10 codes prior to solution roll-outs. Revise Learning Curriculum as necessary to support dual system operations period as well as QNXT-only period. Collaborate with Supervisor of Quality and Development and the Traffic Analyst & Resource Supervisor to schedule rotating training sessions to prepare agents for transition.
• Collaborate with Supervisor of Quality and Development and Quality Assurance Specialists to identify agents who would benefit from individualized training/mentoring. Create action plans for agents and work with agent’s supervisor to ensure execution and monitor progress.
• Identify opportunities for process and system improvements in the Contact Center. Collaborate with supervisory team and other departments to champion and implement change that improve service levels, the experiences of our customers and the satisfaction of employees.
• Participate in interview and selection process for new employees in the Contact Center
• Complete special projects as assigned to meet department and company goals.
• Handle and resolve escalated calls, when necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned, including assisting in queue at peak times.
• Experience in a Contact Center – preferably in a medical services / HMO setting.
• Demonstrated ability to meet Contact Center production and quality standards for an extended period of time.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, prioritize multiple tasks, and problem solve under pressure of deadlines and resource constraints required.
• Understanding of adult learning principles, including Blended Learning techniques in content development, delivery mechanisms, measurement of results and follow-up individual coaching.
• Very strong communication skills, including writing and presentation skills.
• Understanding of all software applications, processes and policies used by Customer Service.
• Successful completion of the ‘Master Trainer’ program from American Society for Training and Development within first year as Trainer, and progress toward achieving CPLP certification (Certified Professional in Learning & Performance) during tenure as Trainer.
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Strong knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-9/CPT codes, and receptiveness to the transition to ICD-10 and QNXT.
• Strong leadership and motivational skills.
Hill Physicians Medical Group, Inc. - 30+ days ago
Hill Physicians Medical Group was formed in 1984 and has since grown to become one of the largest independent practice associations in the...