A Gander Mountain Customer Service Associate is responsible for delivering friendly, courteous service to all customers visiting our stores as well as presenting a positive image in person as well as on the phone. A strong knowledge base of Gander Mountain products and the lifestyle to assist in customer questions. Integrity and professionalism is key in processing customer transactions, returns, associate purchases, licensing and other security and cashier related tasks.
Service Standards : Exceed Expectations, Deliver Value and Develop relationships.
Teamwork: Arrive at work on time, establish and maintain productive working relationships, consistently set good example for others and complete work according to department needs and deadlines.
Driving Sales: Educate, inform and share knowledge with customers and other associates.
J ob Knowledge : Remain up-to-date and demonstrate working knowledge of the job - effectively utilizes internal processes, systems and technology and participates in training relevant to position.
Adaptability/Flexibility: Demonstrate willingness to perform work outside assigned area adopting a whole store attitude, grasp instruction, learn quickly adapting to change and increase efforts when necessary to complete assignments
Complete other duties as assigned .
Education/Experience : High School diploma as appropriate for age or working towards a High School diploma, GED or equivalent required; with 1+ years in a fast paced retail environment preferred
- Proven ability to deliver unparalleled customer service.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to effectively maneuver in a Windows environment and through Microsoft Office products.
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude.
- Has a passion for the outdoors and possess outdoor experience either in a retail environment or from personal experience.
- Self motivated with strong customer service skills
- Previous customer service experience in a fast paced retail environment
- Must be at least 17 years old and able to work a flexible schedule as needed
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, clearly and concisely in English is required
- Trustworthy and capable of handling large amounts of cash.
Gander Mountain is an EEO/AA Employer
Gander Mountain has got the gear to get you out of the office and up the mountain. The company operates nearly 120 outdoor sporting goods...