Requisition ID: 016732
Academic/Internal Title Customer Services Representative
Division/School Financial and Business Services
Department: Business Services
Location: University Park Campus
Employment Type: Full-Time
Percent of time for Part-time Position:
Salary Range: $17 - $19/ hour
Job Announcement: The University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880. It is located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be part of a world-class research university and a member of the "Trojan Family" within a vibrant university culture.
The Department of Business Services is comprised of Purchasing Services, Supplier Diversity Services, Disbursement Control and Accounts Payable, Business Operations, and Mailing and Material Management Services. These departments are responsible for the purchase and payment of goods and services on behalf of the University in accordance with the policies set forth by the University, sponsored projects, Internal Revenue Service, and State Board of Equalization.
USC's Business Services is seeking a Customer Service Representative to join its team. The position will be responsible for administrative support to all departments comprised of Business Services. The Customer Service Representative will primarily be engaged in office management, Purchasing and Accounts Payable reception, executive administration support, and Business Operations support.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, customer service focused, skilled at multitasking, and possess strong oral and written communication skills. Knowledge of purchasing and accounts payable functions is preferred.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
- Organize and expedite the flow of work through the Business Services office and answer the department's main phone. Lead Business Services reception and office management.
- Review, prioritize and respond to correspondance and incoming calls directed to procurement. Research requested information from phone inquiries or walk-in customers and take necessary steps to address.
- Provide customer service to internal (departments) and external (suppliers) customers on procurement-related procedures and systems. Ensure full customer satisfaction in the most expeditious manner. Maintain friendly and helpful demeanor.
- Work closely with procurement staff to understand Procure-to-Pay operations.
- Ensure confidentiality and control access to sensitive information such as vendor information, check information, and student, faculty or staff personnel files.
- Perform administrative duties associated with scheduling and coordinating meetings and planning events. Arrange with vendors for services, prepare agendas, gather and organize supporting information, and oversee production and distribution of related materials.
- Supervise student workers, as assigned. Schedule, assign and prioritize workloads. Set appropriate deadlines. Monitor student performance on a regular basis. Ensure timely completion of unit's work.
- Develop and implement security related procedures such as office opening and closing routines, recognition of duress signals and key controls. Coordinate security activities with University Public Safety Department. Promote and maintain standards for security conscious behavior.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent
Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 1 year
Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise: Customer service
Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree
Preferred Experience: 2 years
Preferred Field of Expertise: Customer service
Microsoft Office Suite
SciQuest Software or comparable eProcurement System
Kuali Financial System or comparable ERP Financial System
Position Type: Existing
Special Instructions to Applicants:
USC - 22 months ago