The Customer Solutions Engineer III role for International Markets involves being a key member of the IT Realization and Technology team in a cross-functional technical role. Primary job functions include assessing the overall solution architecture, design, development needs and implementation plan. The Customer Solutions Engineer III will act as the technical interface, working with internal technical resources and managers to coordinate delivery of key project deliverables within schedule, provide solution requirement documentation and analysis while ensuring technical requirements are met or exceeded. The Customer Solutions Engineer III will work with the technology teams to assist in determining schedules and resource requirements, direct adjunct technical team in its efforts, facilitate project prioritization and provide status reporting to management.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the solution design and documentation of new customer facing services, products and platforms provided via internal development or external vendors.
- Provide input to product and technical requirements, and ensure that new requirements can be adequately realized, developed, tested and supported.
- Responsible for being the technical interface to internal development teams during the development and testing process for International Markets.
- Responsible for ensuring a comprehensive level of QA and UAT testing for both development and production, further ensuring high quality services, solutions and products to be released to our customers.
- Responsible for defining test strategies and plans, comprehensive test cases to cover product requirements, and managing test environments necessary for evaluation and certification testing.
- Provide feedback and reports relating to test results and defects, and work with vendor and engineering teams for defect management and root cause resolution.
- Review and recommend internal team resources and task allocations, and provide work estimates and status to project – program managers to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Responsible for developing a support process for services, products and technologies released to production, including escalation guides, troubleshooting and root cause analysis of field issues escalated by support teams to ensure a high quality customer experience and to use lessons learned to enhance future products.
- Responsible for working with technology engineering and IT teams to define and determine viability of emerging VoIP technology, products and services.
- 5+ years of experience in IP communications industry to include VoIP communications systems and VoIP applications/software system technology design and development.
- Experience in VoIP and SIP real-time telecommunications applications service platforms.
- Experience in web systems, particularly customer acquisition, online support platforms.
- Possess knowledge in following telephony and Internet technologies: VoIP, digital and analog Voice Telephony, Routing, Internet Protocols, IEEE802.11A/B/G/N, mobile voice and data networks.
- Experience with the following protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, SIP, RTP, RTCP, BGP, other Internet Protocols, IEEE 802.11A/B/G/N, security products (stateful firewall, VPN, IPsec, IDP, IPv4/IPv6 routers).
- Knowledge of SMS, Voice-to-text, IVR, SQL, database systems.
- Knowledgeable in web development, HTML, HTTP, FTP, LDAP, SOAP, web services, APIs.
- Experience in QA and UAT testing techniques and methods, ability to develop test strategies.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate complex IT systems, network and web-based solution design/development principles in a clear, precise, and easy to understand manner to technical support and development teams.
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills and leadership abilities.
- Excellent technical, writing and presentation skills. Must be proficient with MS Word, Power Point, Excel, Visio and able to document designs and concepts in drawings and diagrams in MS Visio or Power Point, with attention to details. Candidate must be familiar with the documentation of BRD, SRD, FRD, and other technical documentation used to define services and development.
- Ability to accept ambiguity shifts and multi-tasking of priorities, work flexibly when confronted with evolving goals and requirements.
- Able to successfully manage multiple concurrent issues, ambiguities and contradictions that typically occur during product development and deployment.
- Experience with task estimation, scheduling, task allocation and tracking for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Project management background and familiarity with relevant tools and processes
- Demonstrated cross-functional team leadership ability in a matrixed organization with strong problem solving skills.
Specific Requirements, Skills & Education:
Additional Skills (would like to have but not required)
- Experience of the Vonage network, systems, and/or devices is a plus.
- Experience BSS/OSS operation and integration is a plus.
- Experience working in the international domain including implementation of technologies in global environments (Brazil, Mexico and other emerging markets) is preferred.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, IT, telecommunications or equivalent (MS preferred).
Vonage - 2 years ago