The Customer Solutions Specialist position services Growth Accounts with annual gross sales of $1.5MM to $9.99MM. Customer orders are managed as a mix of traditional manual order processing and EDI. The purpose of the position is to build customer loyalty and confidence by receiving incoming calls/e-mail, entering orders, answering questions, resolving issues and advising customers of stock availability and delivery schedules. Responsibilities also include processing trade contracts and managing the order mismatch process. This role is also responsible for managing customer data, order quality improvement, and Customer inventory management. This position provides a single point of contact to the Customer for order management by acting as a liaison between the Customer and various internal MOM departments.
1. Customer Focus
A. Achieve and maintain alignment in the value chain between suppliers, MOM Brands and the Customer.
B. Serve as the customer expert regarding all order fulfillment service issues and requests.
C. Effectively and efficiently manage customer order issues and order status by providing appropriate communication to MOM internal customers and MOM external customers.
2. Technical/Functional Expertise
A. Order Fulfillment
a. Accurately process Customer orders according to MOM order guidelines and work with Customers to affirm order size, pricing (related to load size), freight allowance, item information, product availability, lead time, turns, inventory levels and other service requirements.
b. Manage order remarks and discrepancies within JDE system in order to provide good audit records.
c. Administer the receipt/creation of orders and their timely release to DRP for production planning.
d. Manage customer order mismatches in a timely fashion in order to create accurate invoices.
e. Work closely with Sales Support, Demand Planners and Supply Chain Planners to monitor customer order patterns and volumes compared to forecasts.
f. Track and report service failures or potential service failures and work with other departments to identify/implement cross-functional solutions to prevent future, ongoing failures.
g. Initiate prompt feedback and follow-up regarding order issues or inquiries.
h. Responsible for the integrity and accuracy of assigned accounts in the Customer Service database as it relates to order management; coordinates and communicates changes to others.
i. Advise of EDI Customer order information requirements, work with IT and the Customer.
B. Trade Contracts
a. Timely entry of approved promotional contracts into the trade planning system.
b. Research and resolve order mismatch discrepancies as related to trade and price.
c. Work closely with Sales Support team to ensure timely receipt of customer trade contracts.
C. Strategy and business plan execution
a. Understand and help implement departmental and Supply Chain business strategies related to improving customer satisfaction and reducing Supply Chain costs.
b. Provide input and solutions to help meet departmental strategies.
a. Serve as the expert for JDE order management functions – customers, sales orders, EDI, invoicing and Warehouse management order allocation.
b. Display a strong understanding of other internal systems that impact order processing and order fulfillment such as Logility SCP, JDE and Cognos.
c. Provide feedback regarding system performance and offer solutions to improve systems, procedures, or operating standards.
A. Manage accounts to meet or exceed Customer Solutions and MOM Supply Chain metrics.
B. Operate within Customer Solutions order processing policies and procedures; communicate exceptions and recommend actions to Manager, Customer Solutions
C. Participate in resolution of service related issues and the development and documentation of standard operating procedures.
D. Efficiently manage tasks related to order processing administration; improve productivity and accuracy; minimize administrative time to provide maximum lead-time to MOM supply chain to deliver orders on time at the least cost.
A. Active participation on cross functional Customer teams.
B. Visit Customers to establish relationships, resolve issues, and propose process improvements.
a. Initiate and schedule meetings.
b. Advise the Sales Team Leader of meeting purpose and expected outcome before making arrangements with the Customer.
c. Prepare and present performance vs. history and mutually agreed upon benchmarks/projections; include trends and actions. Utilize customer scorecards when available.
C. Proactively establish and implement countermeasures to negative trends.
5. Continuous Improvement
A. Identify and actively participate to resolve issues that affect quality or service.
B. Actively work to identify opportunities for improvement and participate as needed in MOM Excellence projects that impact Customer Solutions and Supply Chain.
C. Utilize the ITWR system to document suggested system enhancements.
6. Organizational and People Development
A. Develop yourself against the Supply Chain Core competencies using the IDP process.
B. Act as a leader within the COF team and cross functionally in order to insure COF is represented as a professional and viable value added resource to our customers both internally and externally.
7. Other – Perform other projects as required or assigned
Education: 4-year college degree preferred
Experience: 3-5 years related business experience in a dynamic customer service environment; Exposure to Lean Six Sigma principles helpful; diverse broad based business experience in areas of planning, purchasing, customer service, distribution, marketing, sales operations, accounting.
1. Professional attitude with exceptional business communication etiquette
2. Ability to tactfully handle a wide range of customer relations, warehousing, distribution, and broker concerns
3. Ability to manage dual roles of Customer advocate and Company employee
4. Strong written and oral communication skills
5. ability to create original correspondence to resolve and clarify customer service concerns, invoice problems and inventory opportunities
6. Administrative support duties i.e. maintain databases, data entry, file maintenance, update customer records
7. Knowledge of EDI transactions
8. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy
9. Effective time management; ability to function as part of a team
10. Prioritize and respond positively to high pressure, fast paced work situations
11. Ability to work in a self directed work environment
12. Understanding of Lean Six Sigma practices
13. Ability to use database tools to develop ad hoc reporting
14. Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suites
Internal: Work closely with Sales Support, Sales, Marketing and Supply Chain Personnel to ensure adequate inventories of product and expedite the fulfillment of customer orders. Additionally, contact with Credit is required to make sure that customers are set up correctly in Lawson and to resolve payment/billing issues that arise.
External: Direct contact with Customers, Carriers, and Brokers to resolve customer/order issues or to follow up on order inquiries.
1. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities simultaneously.
2. Must understand Malt-O-Meal Company and supply chain impacts of order fulfillment decisions.
3. Responsible for influencing Consumer value through increased supply chain efficiency.
4. Must decide whether to ship partial orders or wait until item is fully in stock to ship; consider customer preference, time factor, MOM costs and negotiate delivery.
5. Ability to understand when activities are driving business results, when they are not impacting results and knowing what action to take.
Work Structure: Works independently under the direction of the Manager, Customer Solutions.
Responsibilities: Strategic/Key Accounts - Build profitable long-term business relationships with Customers; keep them informed of order fulfillment changes/improvements; and provide them with the most reliable and cost-effective service possible. Responsible for backing up other Customer Solutions Specialists as needed. Some travel possible.
MOM Brands - 16 months ago
MOM Brands (formerly Malt-O-Meal Company), a privately held and family owned company, is the third largest cereal company in the United...