We’re transforming the way companies are run and careers are made. In just 12 years, salesforce.com has grown into a $2.3 billion business. With more than 100,000 customers, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company that is leading the shift to the social enterprise. Social enterprises leverage social, mobile and open cloud technologies to put customers at the heart of their business. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and application services allow customers to:
- Create employee social networks with Salesforce Chatter, Salesforce Rypple and Salesforce Force.com.
- Develop customer social networks with the Salesforce Sales Cloud, SalesforceData.com, Salesforce Service Cloud, and Salesforce Site.com.
- Connect with customers on public social networks with Salesforce Heroku and Salesforce Radian 6.
- Empower small business to become social enterprises with Salesforce Desk.com and Salesforce Do.com.
- Extend a company's social enterprise with apps from the leading enterprise app marketplace, AppExchange.
- Run apps on Database.com, the first social enterprise database.
We've been recognized for four consecutive years as one of FORTUNE’s 100 Best Companies to Work For 2012 , named the World's Most Innovative Company and the third Fastest-Growing Tech Company by Forbes.
Salesforce.com’s worldwide Customers for Life team is a global network of salesforce.com employees and partners. Our sole mission is to ensure customer success. We work with our customers to build relationships, learn about their businesses, and drive value based on our customers self-defined goals. Our motto for our customers is: "Your Success is our Success."
We are looking for a passionate salesforce.com expert to help ensure the business success of enterprise salesforce.com customers across the US.
The Customer Success Director (CSD) is ultimately responsible for ensuring the success of a small portfolio of salesforce.com’s enterprise customers. The CSD will bring Salesforce.com's best ideas, innovations, and capabilities to their portfolio of customers and match these to the customers’ business goals, driving greater business value and executive alignment between Salesforce and the Customer.
As a CSD, you will be responsible for driving customer adoption and success by providing governance advice, usage/adoption recommendations, risk identification and mitigation. The end result is increased customer satisfaction, retention and expansion of the Salesforce.com footprint.
Key to this role is your ability to articulate value, inspire and sell the Social Enterprise future in a Cloud Computing world. As a trusted advisor and coach, you are the post-sales success leader for your assigned accounts and provide your customers with a deliverable Success Blueprint.
In addition to the business process and change management skills needed for the role, the CSDshould possess application functional or IT expertise in combination with exceptional customer management experience at the C-level. Working closely with the entire account team to drive the customer relationship and alignment at all levels in order to execute the overall account strategy is key to your success.
You will also serve as an escalation point for issues that impact the customer’s success and drive risk mitigation. CSDs are required to maintain strong working relationships with other salesforce.com customer facing personnel in the Sales, Services, Engineering, Marketing and Product Management eco systems with the goal of owning the post sale strategy.
Travel to regional activities such as customer locations, local user groups, user conferences, and city tour marketing events is required. Occasional travel to national events including the salesforce.com annual Dreamforce user conference and corporate meetings is required.
This is a huge opportunity to become part of an expanding team in one of salesforce.com’s key markets, with the potential to help define the vision for how we support some of our most important clients.
- As the Success Program Leader, you own ultimate responsibility for the customer’s renewal and for expansion success. You ensure that customers derive maximum value from their investment in Salesforce, utilize all their licenses, identify new opportunities, and collaborate with sales teams to ensure growth attainment and increased footprint.
- Partner with our Cloud Success Technologists (Technical Account Managers) to manage assigned enterprise accounts to ensure customer success with salesforce.com.
- Working within an account team matrix, lead C-level stakeholders towards identifying their Social Enterprise vision by evangelizing the capabilities of salesforce.com in the areas of: sales productivity, service optimization, platform (Siteforce, Database.com, Data.com, Radian6, Heroku) and the Social Enterprise.
- Partner with the customer to establish a transformational Business Roadmap/Blueprint to ensure achievement of business goals.
- Effectively network an account from the C-Level down in order to achieve successful execution of the customer’s Blueprint.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the customer’s industry business challenges and objectives to appropriately map salesforce.com features and associated business benefits to address their needs.
- Play a fundamental part in helping your customers establish and manage their Change Management/Governance/Centre of Excellence programs.
- Identify risks to the customer achieving their stated business goals and developing a risk mitigation plan.
- Serve as a customer advocate in driving industry best practices and the evolution of salesforce.com product and platform functionality, courses and administrative services integral to the customer's success.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with stakeholders in your account portfolio by networking between customers, partners, and salesforce.com.
- Contribute thought leadership and best practice, both internally and externally, around business transformation.
- Deliver successful customers to the contract renewal cycle and, where necessary, support the renewals process to minimise customer attrition.
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent; MBA or advanced degree preferred)
- Minimum 12 years relevant work experience
- Expertise and experience dealing with large, complicated, political accounts at the most senior IT and business levels (preferably with recent direct hands-on executive experience)
- Experience with account portfolio planning and prioritization
- Capability as credible and effective C-level advisor/coach, esp. around change management (cultural, technical and business)
- Executive-level communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively navigate and mediate conflict and foster honest dialog
- Knowledge of salesforce.com product and platform features, capabilities, and best use
- Deep CRM or IT experience and knowledge of salesforce.com competitive landscape and technical ecosystem
- Proven effectiveness at leading and facilitating executive meetings and workshops
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure
- Strong knowledge of business processes (Sales, Marketing, Service, Support), business applications and automation
- Familiarity with the database, application and network technologies used in Cloud Computing (e.g. knowledge of network topologies and devices, database concepts and SQL, multi-tenancy)
- Working knowledge of the software development process and of software design methodologies (coding experience is not required, but may be useful)
- Salesforce.com product certifications are a plus (Administrator, Advanced Administrator, Developer, Service Cloud Consultant or Sales Cloud Consultant)
- Flexibility for travel (approx. 20%)
Would you like to apply to this job?
Apply for the Customer Success Management Director position
Rypple - 16 months ago