LongTail Video is looking for a Customer Support Engineer to join our New York City team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing day to day customer support through our various avenues (direct email, support forums, online documentation, social media, etc.), working in close collaboration with two peers and the product and engineering teams. You help customers go live swiftly, but also work with product managers to improve our products based upon real-world feedback.
LongTail Video is based in New York City and part of the fastest growing tech industry - online video. Our flagship product - the JW Player - has over a million customers and streams billions of videos each month. It is used by a diverse group of publishers, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to individual bloggers. Our family of products also include the Bits on the Run Video Platform, and JW Video Ads; all key components of the video stack for publishers.
* Manage day to day tech support, including email/forums/social/etc.
* Be nice and responsive to customers - you are the face of our company.
* Use tools and teamwork to ensure support activities run smoothly and efficiently.
* Frequently learn new techniques and swiftly understand customer implementations.
* The ability to multitask is a huge plus.
Attention to detail is necessary.
Don't be afraid to ask questions!
* Solid web standards expertise and an understanding of cross-browser limitations.
* Experience with web debugging tools: Charles, Firebug, Fiddler, etc.
* Experience with video encoding (MP4, FLV, WebM) or streaming (RTMP, HLS, Wowza).
* Basic knowledge of web servers, to setup e.g. a local test environment or WordPress demo.
* Past experience with support or CRM tools like Zendesk or Salesforce.
* You are running your own website or offering a self-written mobile app or open-source tool.