Customer Support Engineer
WhiteHat Security is the industry leader in Web (or application) security, with an impressive client list of Fortune 500 companies. While most companies are diligent in protecting their networks, websites have emerged as the number one target for attacks. Website attacks can be catastrophic to a company and WhiteHat helps clients mitigate risks before they can be exploited. Founded in 2001 by Jeremiah Grossman – a former Yahoo! Information Security Officer and application security pioneer, WhiteHat combines a revolutionary, cloud-based technology platform with an extraordinary team of the best application security experts in the business (our team includes super talented folks from the likes of Google, Yahoo!, HP and BigFix (IBM) to name just a few.) This incredible combination of resources enables our customers in key verticals including e-commerce, financial services, information technology, and healthcare, to prevent damaging hacker attacks.
Not only are our products and technology leading the industry, but we have a thriving culture and impressive team that collectively make WhiteHat an exceptional place to work. If you are seeking a leading edge technology company where you can make a tremendous impact and build your career in meaningful ways, take a look at us! We'd love the opportunity to get to know you.
We are looking for Customer Support Engineers to join the existing team at our Santa Clara, CA headquarters. The job function is responsible for providing software support to Customers and Partners for WhiteHat’s Sentinel product line.
- 5-7 years experience in a support role with the following demonstrated attributes:
- Experience providing support and troubleshooting for complex software products.
- Knowledge of the Support and Technical Account Management process.
- Technology Background:
- OSI Level 2-3 and 6-7 network troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of Web-related technology protocols.
- Knowledge of firewall, network, or application security applications.
- Familiarity with Web application development and administration.
- General knowledge of VMware, SQL Query & Reporting, Excel & Reporting.
A majority of the work is 6am-7pm Pacific Time. However, White Hat Security provides 24/7 support for our client base. On call or rotational shift work may be required. Most positions do not have a travel component. This position requires a successful background check and drug testing. Applicants must legally have right to work in US.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in American English.
- Facilitating issue resolution with Customers and internal organizations.
- Troubleshooting a wide range of technology products.
- Communicating effectively with all Customer levels including users, application developers, administrators, project managers and vendor managers.
- Written and spoken Japanese language skills are a plus.
Submit Your Resume › ›