We ignited the web application security industry and continue to lead by transforming the way organizations master vulnerability management. Only WhiteHat Security offers a solution that combines an advanced, cloud security platform with the world’s largest force of security experts.
The Customer Support Engineer is the primary interface for customer service requests once onboarding is complete. The position is responsible for account administration, diagnosing technical issues, providing answers to questions, delivering user interface training, and facilitating vulnerability reviews. Specific position attributes are listed below.
- Receive inbound service requests via Customer Portal, email and telephone. Validate automated Parature entry from email and Portal or enter information received by phone.
- Perform site add/change requests from Customers. Confirm with Legal that the request is covered contractually prior to making the add/change.
- Provide user training for new users as required. Deliver training via Webex or similar remote tool.
- Resolve all technical assistance questions associated with general user operation and administration of Sentinel Service.
- Resolve all process oriented service requests such as invalid credentials, site accessibility, scan schedules, user issues, portal registration, or similar non-technical problem types.
- Facilitate Vulnerability Review meetings with the Customer and responsible TRC Engineer.
- Conduct periodic Health Checks with the customers using the Health Check process guidelines
- Identify and characterize product defects; document in the Jira Development System. Include the priority and impact from the Customer perspective. Escalate difficult problems to Support Managers/Specialist using escalation process guidelines. Ensure that the defect # is associated with the Parature Ticket.
- Identify and characterize feature requests; document feature requests in the Jira Development System. Include the priority and impact from the Customer perspective. Ensure that the defect # is associated with the Parature Ticket.
- Provide support for internal department processes, systems, or projects, as required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Basic familiarity with the OSI model, DNS, firewall concepts, and web authentication http/https standards. Familiarity with current versions of Firefox, IE, and Chrome. Prefer some knowledge of common web servers (iis and apache), basic knowledge of Firewall access controls, WAF, ASM and IDS/IPS.
- Familiarity with basic network troubleshooting (ping, traceroute, whois, netstat, dig). Prefer knowledge of web server troubleshooting (telnet, curl, wget, wireshark, and ssh).
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite or equivalent open source applications required to create customer facing reports and presentations.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) with focus in Computer Science or comparable technical or scientific discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience providing first and second level technical support
- Must successfully complete the Level1 Certification Program within 90 days of employment or assignment.