Represent Glatfelter in a positive and professional manner, maintaining full responsibility for serving assigned customer accounts by building strong customer loyalties. Communicate and facilitate service internally through open and honest communications and negotiations. Understand service expectations and participate in developing new and improved service processes.
DUTIES, COMPETENCIES, AND RESPONSIBLITIES
· Customer-Specific Inquiries - Facilitate customer inquiries regarding product line, established pricing, policies and procedures, as well as other general company information. Facilitate communication between customer and field sales representatives to include inquiries regarding special pricing and deviations from standard policies and practices.
· Order Entry - Facilitate the order entry process by identifying customer needs and working with mill scheduling to secure a ship date that is consistent with those needs. Whenever necessary, negotiate a mutually agreeable ship date with the customer. Accurately enter customer orders.
· Inventory and Credit Management - Monitor inventory levels and age, serving as the intermediary whenever appropriate between sales management and the customer. Understand dynamic credit situations for assigned customer accounts, acting as the intermediary between PHG Credit Manager and customer. Communicate sensitive situations regarding inventory as well as credit to appropriate parties, ensuring that field sales representatives are aware of the dialogue; enlist their help as needed.
· Communications - Proactively communicate order-related issues to customers and field sales. Effectively resolve controversial service issues in a positive, professional manner. Promote, build and maintain a strong sense of teamwork throughout the company.
· Service Expectations - Understand and communicate the service expectations of assigned customer accounts. Participate in customer surveys to document current customer views on service and to assess Glatfelter's performance. Regularly participate in regular weekly service meetings to address service concerns and trends. Proactively focus on methods for continuous improvement.
· Teamwork - Strengthen the Customer Support Team by promoting, building and maintaining a strong sense of teamwork throughout the domestic organization and beyond as the opportunity arises. Support team members in furthering departmental goals through open and honest communications, promoting team interests over self-interest.
· Administrative - Ensure accurate customer specification file for assigned accounts. Understand complaint issues for assigned accounts. Manage the documentation process for order fulfillment, from inquiry to order and delivery to invoice, ensuring accuracy and customer satisfaction. Responsible for additional duty of maintaining SAP Databases (Customer Master, Pricing Coordination, Invoice Audit, Customer Spec Table, etc) as determined by department need.
· Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 3-5 years financial experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Word processing, Spreadsheets, Accounting software, Internet software, E-mail, Order processing, Inventory, Manufacturing software, Database software, Contact Management
Headquartered in York, Pennsylvania, Glatfelter is a global manufacturer of specialty papers and engineered products, offering over a...