Overview: Management Science Associates, Inc. (MSA) is a diversified information management company that for nearly half a century has given market leaders the competitive edge in data management, analytics and technology. We are currently seeking an junior level Customer Support Representative to support distributors across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Will demonstrate a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems in a fast paced, noisy environment. Ability to multitask and prioritize workload is a must.
- Develop relationships with distributor accounts and manage accounts to ensure timely and accurate data. Instruct accounts on detailed program requirements and assist in finding ways to ensure compliance while providing excellent customer service.
- Accurately log incoming calls and archive faxes, emails, and other documentation relating to communications with customers using the Contact Management System
- Research, resolve, and provide follow-up for moderately complex problems with customer data submissions. Escalate more complex problems to a Senior Customer Support Representative or Lead
- Perform data file edits to correct errors within established guidelines
- May represent the Distributor Support Center on a specific project addressing inquiries and requests from internal groups. Respond to requests submitted by internal groups. Prepare standard reports using spreadsheets and database systems to fulfill requests and proactively validate systems.
- Attend ongoing training to achieve personal, professional, and technical improvement
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field, or equivalent experience. A bachelor's degree in a related discipline may substitute for two years of experience.
- Minimum two years of related experience performing customer or technical support
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain detailed records of all inbound/outbound communications
- Customer service oriented with the ability to maintain relationships with distributors, manufacturer sales representatives and clients
- Proficiency with Windows operating system and proficient knowledge of MS Office applications
- Developed communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to translate and present technical and analytical issues to be able to resolve issues in a prompt and helpful manner
- Organizational and time management skills
- Data analysis and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of distributor and retailer business practices, in particular, inventory, warehousing and distribution processes
- Understanding of information technology systems and processes
- Knowledge of database concepts and querying techniques
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient ability to diagnose and solve problems in cooperation with other Customer Support Representatives
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Takes full ownership and accountability for their work
Management Science Associates Inc. - 15 months ago