Facility Management Corporation leases and operates 23 public ice skating arenas across the state of Massachusetts in long-term partnership agreements with the Commonwealth and various municipalities as well as educational institutions.
The company was formed in 1992 to deliver high quality ice sport facility management and operations, as well as ice-based programs that benefit our communities and promote interest in the sport. We are known as “FMC Arenas” and have established a record of quality operations and grown to be the largest operator of public ice arenas in the United States. Our hockey and skating programming divisions, known as FMC Ice Sports, provides recreational and competitive programs for the communities we serve.
Our headquarters in Pembroke, MA performs much of the senior management, organization and administration for the operation and programming of our 23 locations. A combination of senior directors, managers, coordinators and customer care agents are located in the office, working together as a team to accomplish the organizations goals of growing participation and enjoyment of ice sports.
In addition to selling ice time and offering general admission skating sessions, the company has organized two programming units that develop and deliver ice-skating and ice hockey programs that are oriented to the grass roots and developmental segment of the ice sports community. FMC’s goal with programming is to expose as many people as possible in our service areas to the joy and benefits of ice sports and to retain their interest by offering affordable and fun programming. Our skating programming unit includes introductory classes all the way through adult programs.
Our Call Center is responsible for handling customer calls and transactions from the facilities we manage. In addition, the Call Center will execute promotions and marketing campaigns and research and pursue new client outreach programs in collaboration with company objectives.
The Customer Care Center Coordinator candidate will supervise the Customer Care Center’s daily operation and work closely with Customer Care Center Agents to develop and maintain customer and arena support systems and provide excellent customer service. The successful candidate will help create and promote a team environment to reach department objectives and should enjoy a fast paced, customer oriented work environment, significant interaction with others (internal and external) and varied tasks. A positive and results oriented personality is essential for this position. This is a part time position.
Key attributes we are seeking in a candidate are:
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Ability to handle high call volume and escalated customer calls
• Ability to handle numerous projects and assignments simultaneously
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
• Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Office, data entry
• Self-starter with ability to take direction and prioritize tasks from supervisors
• Believes in and practices teamwork
• Dedication to success and commitment to work a flexible schedule to get the job done
• Task oriented person who has the ability to see and understand the big picture
Primary Duties and responsibilities:
Provide daily customer service by receiving, investigating and responding to customer inquiries for all FMC Ice Sport arenas, processing of customer transactions and working with Programming, Hockey, and Marketing, and Sales departments to develop and execute campaigns, promotions and generate new sales opportunities.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Professionally answer phones, respond to customer requests with accurate program, product and service information and route calls to appropriate staff members
• Process customer transactions such as registrations, reservations, payments and refunds
• Identify, research and resolve customer issues using resources available and escalate issues that transcend team member scope or authority; follow up on customer inquiries not immediately resolved as necessary
• Execute Marketing Campaigns and Upsell opportunities as required
• Provide support functions to Main Office and Arenas
• Actively participate in Team member process and system improvements and developments
• Assist with clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing, collating, mail distribution, etc.
• Perform other duties as required or assigned to ensure the quality operation of the Team and the organization as a whole.
Applicants must have a high school degree or equivalent (GED). In addition to significant exposure to ice skating sports either as a participant or parent, at least 1 year or more of relevant customer service experience and/or training and 6 months or more of experience answering phones is required. Candidate must have a high proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel as well as experience with data entry systems.
Preferred applicants will have extensive first-hand experience in either hockey or skating, excellent writing skills and experience working as an administrative assistant.