As one of our Technicians, you will be a member of a multi-faceted team tasked with proactive management of EarthLink Business Networks backbone, production networks, and customer facing repair for high profile VPN (virtual private network) and MPLS customers. This includes troubleshooting problems, communicating and coordinating with customers, and trouble-resolution with the LECs (Local Exchange Carriers). In addition, you will analyze Layer 2 and Layer 3 Data Network performance, degradation, and loss-of-service events, and update and maintain data relevant to network elements including customer premise routers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage customer facing trouble tickets for all product and access types. This is accomplished by isolating individual circuit outages, and making troubleshooting decisions that result in service restoration within MTTR guidelines. Some of the most common tasks associated with ticket resolution are, escalating trouble tickets that are out of SLA with carriers, coordinating EarthLink Business technicians to troubleshoot circuits on site, and isolating CPE trouble.
- Communicate ticket progression at regular intervals with customers by phone calls or other communication methods that are agreed upon by EarthLink Business and the customer.
- Verifying circuit restoration with customers prior to resolving trouble tickets.
- Provide cooperative testing with carrier technicians who are responding to EarthLink Business generated trouble tickets. Testing mechanisms include Bit Error Rate tests, Metallic Loop Tests, and Sync/Margin validation.
Minimum Education: H.S diploma required. Associates preferred. (Associates Degree in related field desired. Data Networking, or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a technical assistance center environment
- Excellent customer service skills, including patience, a desire to answer questions and help problem-solve, and a willingness to go the extra mile for your customer.
- CCNA level knowledge of routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, RIP)
- OSI Model Layer 1, 2, 3
Other: Must be able to sit or stand and be on the phones for extended periods of time, and perform other basic physical demands of the position as needed
Some of us spend way too much time online, and EarthLink is OK with that. The company provides Internet connections to more than 1 million...