AGL Resources (NYSE: GAS) is an Atlanta-based energy services holding company with operations in natural gas distribution, retail operations, wholesale services, midstream operations and cargo shipping. As the nation’s largest natural gas-only distributor based on customer count, AGL Resources serves approximately 4.5 million utility customers through its regulated distribution subsidiaries in seven states. The company also serves more than one million retail customers through its SouthStar Energy Services joint venture and Nicor National, which market natural gas and related home services. Other non-utility businesses include asset management for natural gas wholesale customers through Sequent Energy Management, ownership and operation of natural gas storage facilities, and ownership of Tropical Shipping, one of the largest containerized cargo carriers serving the Bahamas and Caribbean region. For more information, visit www.aglresources.com
The purpose of this position is to verify the identity of new and existing residential and commercial customers to ensure identity theft does not occur for multi-jurisdictional and multi-functional customer contact teams in support of AGL Resources regulated utilities. The incumbent will ensure adequate security is maintained on each account to secure the company against loss. The incumbent is responsible for collecting revenues due to AGL Resources and its entities on final-billed and charged-off accounts and will make financial decisions to protect/collect revenues and adjusts customer accounts.The incumbent will work in a high volume environment of 2+ million customer contacts through written and electronic media annually and serve a customer population of more than 2 million customers. The incumbent will handle customer questions, complaints, and billing inquiries with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism to resolve customer issues with first call resolution in order to maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers and offer alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining customer’s business. The incumbent will communicate with customers using web-based tools and demonstrate the associated proficiency in typing and grammar. The incumbent is responsible for compliance with applicable policies and procedures for customer contact operations within assigned area of responsibility. Incumbents are responsible for regulatory and budget compliance and compliance with work policy, practices, and procedures. Incumbents assist in training and coaching new employees.
- Compare personal identifying information provided by the customer to data obtained from external information sources such as a credit reporting agency.
- Determine documentation requirements; review and maintain hard copies when necessary.
- Manually verify the customers’ identification matches the information on a signed residential lease or purchase application.
- Solve problems that are sometimes unstructured and that may require reliance on conceptual thinking.
- Process turn-on orders placed on hold.
- Perform accounting functions related to orders, adjustments, and corrections.
- Follow documented procedures for new faxes received.
- Properly secure customer identity and documentation.
- Assist CSR with questions regarding lease & ID documentation received.
- Adhere to all Red Flag (FACTA) Rules.
- Process on-line orders (turn-on, turn-off, and match orders) received through the Dashboard.
- Coordinate work requests with appropriate departments and service centers; informs customers of actions taken.
- Tracks and prepare data for monthly reports to include FACTA codes.
- Purge files and ensure data compliances are met based on the Record Retention policy/guidelines.
- Properly update customer information in appropriate systems and tracking tools (CMA & SharePoint).
- Submit monthly on-line order data for monthly reports.
- Attend quarterly training sessions on Red Flag adherence updates.
- Up-sell natural gas plus handle miscellaneous customer service and general information calls via the phone, email or internet.
- Maintain regulatory compliance (intra-company and extra-company accountability
- Maybe required to work in one or multiple ques/skill sets over various customer contact channels.
- Responsible for improving customer retention through programs and service provided to the customer.
- Maintain working knowledge of all company products, services and promotions.
- Assist in training and coaching new employees
- Participate in activities designed to improve customer satisfaction and business performance.
- Participate in morale building activities
- Manage peer relationships
- Accountable for meeting individual performance objectives
- Responsible for managing assigned workload, setting goals, prioritizing work, evaluating results and taking corrective action as needed.
- Must meet KPI targets on a consistent basis
CareerRookie.com - 13 months ago