Reporting to the Customer Insights & Analytics Manager, the Analyst supports and conducts day-to-day analysis on our customer accounts and prospect opportunities. In this role, the Analyst coordinates all internal market analysis for the line of business with the intent to support campaign targeting efforts for increased profitability. The Analyst must be able to demonstrate strategic and analytical thinking, have the ability to work on multiple projects with conflicting deadlines, and provide recommendations that will assist in the development of commercial lead generation strategies. He/she also needs to stay in tune to emerging energy industry trends, regulations, and assess the potential competitive impact on our business.
• Conduct in-depth analysis using D&B’s Market Insight database to support lead generation activities for the Sales and Marketing teams (includes Canada provinces and 12+ regional US states)
• Query multiple databases to support lead generation activities inclusive of direct mail, phone and email tracking that drives strategy for marketing action plans
• Using customer insights, regulatory updates, and competitive knowledge, provide actionable lead generation tactics that will support the marketing plans
• Develop weekly-to-monthly customer profiles/analysis to ensure proper design, execution and analysis/interpretation of campaign performance
• Track campaign performance (i.e. conversion rates, open rates, win-loss rates, etc) in order to provide financial insight and strategic solutions to future campaigns
• Perform weekly to monthly reporting of all campaigns, inclusive of effectiveness, performance and key performance indicators (KPIs) in order to provide recommendations to senior management
• Collaborate cross-functionally with IT, Sales, Credit, Operations, Pricing, Products, and Government and Regulatory Affairs to ensure requirements are met for system integrations and key data elements
• Research best practices and innovate techniques in order to provide recommendations for improvement as it relates to new tools, processes and technologies
• Demonstrate the ability to build pivot tables, perform advanced functions in Excel and Access, and development of Macros is a plus, using VBA
• Ability to write SQL queries for data mining and data analysis
• Strong base of analytical skills to assess, interpret and translate data sources into actionable insights
• Ability to present findings and recommendations to varies levels of leadership
• Strong attention to detail, highly organized is a plus
• Energy or energy-related experience a plus
Relevant Work Experience:
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the fields of database marketing and/or consumer research methods and analysis, or related experience in such areas finance, operations, management information systems.
• Dun & Bradstreet’s Market Insights database
• SQL Server Management Studio
• MS Office: Access & Excel
• MS Visio
Undergraduate degree in Marketing or related.
MRE Consulting, Ltd. - 10 months ago