This position is grant funded and exists to pro-actively partner with the manufacturing companies participating with Central Lakes College, St. Cloud Technical and Community College, Pine Technical College and 360 Center of Excellence in the Department of Labor Advanced Manufacturing grant to assess needs and to coordinate, develop, sell and deliver innovative training/courses/workshops. The position will market training programs and develop contracts for delivery of these services to clients. This will be done to raise the skills of the manufacturing employees to the levels required for advanced technology.
- Related associate’s degree or higher and two years of recent manufacturing industry experience and/or combination of education and work experience
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record required.
- Related Bachelor’s degree.
- Proficient in Lean, Continuous Improvement, and Quality Practices with the ability to apply/adapt the concepts in a variety of industry settings.
- Extensive knowledge of Manufacturing Principles (Print Reading, GD & T, Metrology, etc.).
- Experience in delivery of training.
- Supervisory/Management experience.
- Budget Management experience.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently on multiple tasks.
- Must possess a positive attitude and present a professional image.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary as is the ability to work effectively with others and with a variety of client organizations.
- Problem solving skills and creativity are necessary for success in this position.
- Experience with grant writing.
- Curriculum development experience.
- Marketing/selling experience.
- Client relationship development and working in a team environment.