Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
This position manages the customs brokerage activities and functions as the broker of record for all custom brokerage functions at their designated location assuring compliance with all CBP regulations including management of local staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible to US Customs as the Licensed Broker for Yusen Logistics
- Maintain positive relationship with government agencies
- Maintain customer bond and power of attorney records.
- Post entry work & Binding Rulings.
- Stay abreast of current and pending Import CHB/CBP and other regulations to assure NLA’s compliance. Responsible for developing and implementing department policies, controls procedures to assure compliance is continually maintained.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating department policies & procedures and ensuring client SOPs are in place and implemented effectively.
- Train and develop staff and assign workload
- Monitor productivity and timely entry
- Conduct weekly staff meetings and team building
- Facilitate new business acquisition and account development related to full range of customs services.
- Work with Warehouse and Transportation branch leadership with the ultimate goal of improving operations and expanding the branch’s revenue from customs services.
- Ensure the timely and accurate handling of CHB accounts
- Provide classification advice - Turnaround within 24 hours, file audit within 7 days of clearance.
- Prepare end of month report – entry summaries and KPI’s
- Provide backup and process entries as needed.
- Ensure maximum client satisfaction through interaction with clients and other company business units.
- Assure seamless new customer onboarding.
- Plan and establish customized logistics programs for new customers as needed.
- VIP Account Compliance audit.
- Plan and establish customized logistics programs for new customers as needed
Education and Experience: College Degree in related field, plus a minimum of 5 years of experience in Customs Brokerage Management, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Possession of a current, valid Customs Broker license is a must . Must have two or more years’ experience supervising/managing employees.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.