This position will have responsibility for assisting in activities and functions involving compliance with Customs rules and regulations and providing operational support on imports and exports.
Key operational responsibilities
1. Work in conjunction with the Customs Compliance Manager and the Customs Operations Manager to ensure corporate-wide compliance with customs, export controls and other laws affecting international commerce.
2. Responsible for auditing, logging, and assigning account code for brokerage invoices.
3. Ensuring that entry packets are constructed in the proper order as mandated by the broker’s SOP.
4. Verify the accuracy of the information declared on the Customs Entry Summary (CF 7501) including the Harmonized Tariff Schedule number, description, importer of record number, country of origin, duty rate, Special Program Indicator (SPI) and entered value and working for the Customs Managers to facilitate corrections as needed.
5. Work with Customs Managers to reconcile discrepancies between purchase order, invoice, 7501, and payment.
6. Enter all entry packet data elements into a shared Excel spreadsheet which is used to log all Import Entries at each location for data and record keeping purposes.
7. As needed coordinate with Purchasing to obtain appropriate foreign supplier information, as well as pricing documents.
8. Support Customs Managers during value reconciliation process by auditing and gathering support documentation to ensure proper value was declared to U.S. Customs and that tooling and indirect payments have been properly accounted for and declared.
9. Maintain all necessary and applicable records required by U.S. Customs for all import/export transactions as detailed in the U.S. Customs “(a)(1)(A) list.”
10. Create export shipping documents when necessary and maintain associated documents.
11. Analyze goods and determine if they qualify under a Free Trade Agreement or Special Preference Program, issue corresponding certificates of origin accordingly.
12. Assist in all activities and documentation related to maintaining compliance requirements for Free Trade Agreements, Special Preference Programs and other government agencies on importing and exporting.
13. Identify key opportunities for continuous process improvements and implement solutions to eliminate identified compliance deficiencies.
14. Support the Customs Managers and the Director of Inbound Transportation and Customs Compliance to continuously improve Electrolux’s import/export compliance business processes.
Other duties as assigned.
Manager, Customs Compliance
Qualified candidates will have:
1. A Bachelor's Degree and/or a minimum of two years experience in international trade and customs compliance, preferably in a multi-national environment or equivalent work experience. Government experience acceptable in lieu of some business experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Demonstrated knowledge of US Customs regulations and Harmonized Tariff System.
2. In-depth understanding of international transportation preferred.
3. Excellent ability in both written and oral communication.
4. Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast pace environment
5. Knowledge of how organizations function and how to get things done through formal and informal channels.
Electrolux Home Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Electrolux - 12 months ago