Job Title: Cheese Cut&Wrap Production Supervisor – Second Shift
Reports To: Asst. Plant Manager
Location: Cabot, VT
Benefits: Full Package, including medical/dental insurance, life insurance, vacation,
401K, pension, tuition reimbursement and relocation assistance.
About our Client:
Large dairy cooperative producing award-winning cheese, yogurt, butter and whey products.
The C&W (Production) Supervisor ensures that production of products meets or exceeds efficiency and company quality standards. In addition, the Supervisor ensures that facilities and processes conform to GMP standards.
- This position is responsible for all aspects of packaging at the Cut & Wrap facility.
- The individual will ensure that packaging is performed in an efficient manner, and that an adequately trained workforce is maintained.
- The individual will have direct responsibility to maintain the facility in a sanitary manner, and to ensure that all products meet regulatory and customer specifications.
- The individual will have indirect responsibility for daily maintenance and laboratory functions in support of production and quality goals.
- The ideal candidate will be seen as a leader and a model for others to follow and respect. This includes having a good attendance record, having superb interpersonal skills, and adhering to/enforcing GMP’s and company policy.
1. Responsible for the leadership of a production crew (approximately 70 employees) with regards to safety, quality, efficiency and consistent application of best practices.
2. Must be able to multi-task, work independently, and have strong + demonstrated leadership capabilities.
3. Demonstrated successful experience being engaged at the floor level and being “hands on”, while setting positive examples for others to follow.
4. Consistently and effectively champion safety initiatives within the facility to ensure all safety goals and objectives are met, maintaining a safe work environment for all employees.
5. Collaborate with warehouse, quality assurance, and maintenance personnel on a daily basis.
6. Maintain GMP / Housekeeping at a high level within the department through the involvement of all team members.
7. Monitor quality of incoming raw materials and finished products.
8. Maintain and enforce company policy and programs, including administering discipline as required. This also means maintaining and providing records, to assist in showing fair administration and to document departures from policy or rules.
9. Maintain an adequately trained workforce capable of meeting quality production requirements through hiring and cross training. This will include fair and timely appraisals of personnel, to be used as constructive tools in developing the workforce.
10. Ensure the facility is maintained in a sanitary manner, and that all products meet regulatory and customer specifications. Requirements include daily walk -through inspections, code checks, weight checks, metal detector checks, sanitizing strength checks, and all documentation of any variance to specifications. Also included is the segregation of product that is suspect of not meeting quality standards.
11. Responsible for maintaining statistical information necessary to make process adjustments as required for giveaway, trim, and floor scrap minimization.
12. Growth oriented projects will be assigned in support of company goals and individual development.
1. Bachelor of Science, or ten years related experience and/or training, or a combination of education and experience.
2. Solid knowledge of SQF and HAACP.
3. Ability to read, comprehend and apply the principles from technical material and/or manuals.
4. Communication skills are essential in this position – must be able to effectively pass on information so that critical points are not lost, and so additional or clarifying information does not have to be requested. The ability to write detailed correspondence, instructions and memos is a must.
5. Must possess computer skills, to include Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Outlook, and have the ability to learn other internal computer programs.
6. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and/or larger group situations. Will be required to present at monthly employee meetings.
7. Strong ability to correctly perform math calculations, including adding / subtracting / multiplying / dividing in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs and charts.
8. Must have the analytical skills to identify root causes and to present viable solutions.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to use a keyboard, calculator, and telephone. Frequent sitting, talking, hearing, standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, lifting (up to 50 lbs.), and ability to adjust vision for close work is required. Occasional exposure to airborne dust, high humidity, and extremes of hot and cold temperatures are possible.
About The River Group
- Resumes presented to The River Group are never submitted to a client company unless the candidate authorizes the submission of the resume and agrees to become a candidate for the position.
- After your resume is submitted to the company you will be assisted in every way possible throughout the recruiting process, including preparation for the telephone and personal interview, gathering references, evaluating offers, and managing the negotiations.
Monster - 21 months ago