Position Title |
Cutter Feeder Operator
Business Unit Description
At MWV, we develop cutting-edge packaging solutions and partner with the most trusted brands in the world to build brand value and engage consumers. We use our fresh insights, material innovations and global operations to design, manufacture and implement integrated packaging solutions for multiple industries. Want to work for a global company? We have 21,000 employees in 30 countries and serve our customers in more than 100 nations. And we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the sixth consecutive year. To learn more about MWV, please visit www.mwv.com. MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Review and understand job ticket with operator and determines size and quantity of sheets required.
• With assistance from cutting pressman insures die cutting supplied matches die specs on job ticket.
• Aerate loads and have them ready in staging area to be cut.
• Remove loads from the press to the staging area that have been cut.
• Adjust feeder to achieve maximum production during the running of the press
• Mount Stripping tools, Blanking tools, Swords in press, either alone or with Press Operator.
• Understand the controls of the feeder console and auxiliary controls for the operating systems.
• Can perform maintenance on the equipment.
• Continually checks quality and registration of work, as directed, to insure that customer specs are met.
• Complete necessary production and quality reports, with Operator, as required.
• Can adjust feeder for optimum production, quality and safety
• Perform other duties as assigned by manager, supervisor, lead person, press operator.
Job will involve the ability to:
• Lift up to 25 lbs. regularly, up to 50 lbs intermittently and up to 75 lbs rarely.
• Stand up to 7 hours per day.
• Bend, twist, climb, squat, kneel occasionally throughout the shift.
• Uses hands for simple and power grasping, as well as push, pull and fine manipulation.
• Work at and/or below shoulder level.
• See fine detail in printed product along with checking for color accuracy.
Candidates should show:
• Previous cutting press experience is preferred.
• Mechanical aptitude is a must.
• Attention to detail.
• Communication skills.
Additional hours above regular scheduled shift may be possible to cover for absences or vacation days, along with meeting production needs.
United States of America
MeadWestvaco - 19 months ago
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...