Slit various materials to width on material slitter, reroll if necessary. Transports slit rolls of material to automated sewing machine to process into fully assembled 5139 style product.
1. Prepares machines for operation.
2. Places full rolls of canvas material onto slitting machine and cut to desired size.
3. After material is slit, the operator unloads the material and transports it to the automated sewing machine.
4. Operator loads material and zipper rolls into the automated sewing machine.
5. Monitors automated sewing machine operations to ensure proper quality of product is maintained.
6. Replaces material roll, zipper roll, bobbins, and thread as needed.
7. Turns bags for silk screening operation.
8. Must assure correct quantity has been recorded before releasing order for next operation. Discrepancies to the work order quantity should be reported to the supervisor or lead person.
9. Exercise safety procedures to prevent injury to oneself and coworkers, and to prevent damage to equipment.
10. Read and check off daily safety operation procedures before starting the machine.
11. Perform daily cleaning and maintenance upon machine as required.
12. Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Desirable to possess two (2) years experience in a manufacturing environment.
2. Ability to work closely and effectively with all employees and management staff.
3. Computer, reading, writing, comprehension, communication and calculation skills, including reading rule and use of a calculator.
5. Knowledge of the different types of materials and their characteristics and flaws for quality acceptability.
Five generations of Kleins have had a grip on Klein Tools, a maker of non-powered hand tools. The company's products can be found in...