The Cyber Intelligence Analyst (1) is filled by an individual skilled in the area of hacker/hacktivist group capabilities and intentions and conducts CNE (computer network exploitation) and CNA (computer network attack) against the US Critical Infrastructure as it specifically relates to agency systems and mission.
The work site is located in Springfield, VA.
The Cyber Intel Analyst is a member of the CERT Operations Support Team. This position requires the ability to identify potential threats based on agency utilized hardware and software. They shall be knowledgeable of current and evolving hacking tools and methodologies available to disrupt these systems. Responsibilities include: Lead analysis of intelligence data as it pertains to the cyber security of the agency. Attend Intelligence Community meetings regarding technical issues Provide technical threat assessments regarding agency systems Monitor and report on cyber threats to the agency in general
Monitor IC procedures to provide sanitized products to those at lower clearance levels, or to those with no clearance Be familiar with the process of developing and refining Intelligence Requirements Be familiar with targeting Modus Operandi (MO) of groups of interest to those protecting NGA systems Be familiar with Computer Network Exploitation (CNE) and Computer Network Attack (CNA) tools and tradecraft Be familiar with signatures, tactics, techniques and procedures associated with preparation for and execution/implementation of such attacks
Qualities/Additional info: Cyber Intelligence Analyst should be a proven team player with excellent oral and written communications skills, and a fine attention to detail. He/she should also be a self-starter, capable of working on projects independently, if required. Extremely effective oral and written communications skills are a must, in order to present strategy, scripting output and status information to the client in both formal and informal review settings. Frequent interaction with government client is required. Occasional local travel. Occasional weekend hours (< 5%) to support implementations & upgrades. Infrequent (< 5%) long distance travel.
Job Qualifications:Required Education and Experience:Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information systems.
- Minimum ten years of relevant professional experience is considered equivalent to a Bachelor's degree.
- In addition to required education or equivalent experience;
- Minimum six years IT experience.
- Must have three years with intelligence analysis experience and at least five years information systems security experience, preferably combining these into a background of several years of national level TS/SCI cyber intelligence analysis.
Level of Clearance Required: TS/SCI
- Experience with business process reengineering, capability maturity model, change management, or process improvement.
- Experience with information security devices (e. g., firewalls, and intrusion detection/prevention systems) and applications (e.g. security information management tools (e.g., NetForensics, ArcSight).
US Citizenship Required: Yes