Cyber Software Engineer 4
United States-Maryland-Annapolis Junction
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
The candidate will design, develop, integrate and test the server side functionality. The individual should have expert knowledge of Java, eclipse development, restful and soap services, hibernate for database connectivity, xml schema design and implementation, database storage system design and implement, ability to build and deploy on application servers, familiarity with Spring framework and Agile software development methodology. The individual also requires a proven capability to coordinate and work with multiple teams and integration partners. An understanding of Maven and subversion is necessary and the candidate should be comfortable with some level of thick and thin UI development.
- Shall have at least eight (8) years experience as a Software Engineer in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required.
• Shall have at least six (6) years of experience developing software using the Java programming language. At least three (3) years experience developing software using either C or C++ is required.
• Shall have at least six (6) years experience developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), or UNIX/Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) operating systems.
• Shall have experience on the design and development of at least one Object Oriented system.
• Shall have extensive experience in planning and accomplishing goals and complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as top-level contributor or specialist.
• Shall have a firm grasp of modern computer programming with a minimum of six (6) years experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems and software testing.
• Shall have experience “wrapping” legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework.
• Shall have experience developing solutions integrating and extending FOSS/COTS products.
• Shall have demonstrated technical writing skills and have generated technical documents in support of a software development project.
• Experience designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...