Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Qualification & Skill Requirements:
- Assist ADAs in complex, long-term investigations, including large-scale data breaches, counterfeit credit card organizations, market manipulation schemes, identity theft scams, and cyber-crimes.
- Work extensively with specialized NYPD Squads, U.S. Secret Service, U.S. Postal Inspection Service, and major financial institutions.
- Analyze large amounts of financial, telephone, and computer data for ADAs and other members of law enforcement.
- Present evidence to grand jury and petit juries.
- Generate subpoenas and other documents to request evidence.
- Respond to calls to Cybercrime & Identity Theft Bureau hotline.
- Perform related paralegal tasks as assigned.
Number of Positions: 2
- Bachelor's degree required.
- One year paralegal experience or related experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Internet required; knowledge of AJIS, CityNet Systems, Faces of the Nation, LEXIS/NEXIS and E-Justice a plus.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal essential.
Post Date: January 24, 2013
Post Until: Position Filled
Equal Opportunity Employer
New York District Attorney's Office - 30+ days ago