The cycle counter tracks the various lumber/materials in our inventory on a daily basis. Finds root cause for variance and contributes to the overall progress in eliminating recurring errors.
• Setting up and following a daily cycle count schedule ensuring daily required counts are accurately recorded
• Troubleshooting inventory variances, identifying problematic areas and communicating those issues to plant management
• Responsible for the proper organization of the yard, ensuring products are maintained in the proper yard areas
• Responsible for holding everyone in the plant accountable in their inventory movement and recording within the system
• Responsible for constantly driving improvement and organization for the plant
• Inventory reconciliation and problem solving skills
• UFP Product Knowledge - specifically "your plant's products"; Ability to distinguish product "A" from product "B"; Familiarity of product location - i.e. "where is it in the yard?"
• Familiarity with the Computer System in areas affecting Inventory including: Shipping, Receiving, Inventory Adjustments, Manual Invoices, & Cardex
• Ability to "put the story together" based on historical Cardex information
• Ability to collect all data relative to a problematic situation and know specifically what needs to be done to correct it
• Ability to correct the "root" problem rather than continue to "maintain" it
• Good Communication Skills
• Ability to effectively verbalize and/or document areas of deficiency with regard to inventory control policies and procedures
• Basic Experience with Excel Spreadsheets helpful
• An ultimate knowledge of the yard and an understanding of the plant's Inventory processes
• Must be able to eliminate waste and help ensure the overall "health of the yard"
Universal Forest Products Inc - 18 months ago