Next Generation TV is seeking a D.C. Producer for our new Washington, D.C. studio to oversee daily in-studio and field news productions, including interviews with high profile political figures. The D.C. Producer will work closely with Los Angeles Producers to coordinate production between the two coasts.
- Identify, pitch and produce stories geared toward Next Generation TV’s politically conservative-leaning audience
- Research, book guests, conduct pre-interviews, and write scripts
- Provide hosts with relevant articles and backgrounds for interviews
- Oversee and approve video edits
- Coordinate field shoots
- Identify, engage and cultivate relationships with various segments of the Washington newsmakers community
- Coordinate with LA Producers to schedule content release on website
- Report to LA-based Executive Producer
- Tapped into daily news cycle and trends
- Understanding of D.C. inner workings / Capitol Hill politics and logistics
- 5+ years experience as TV / News producer
- Social media competency
- Capitol Hill clearance preferred
- Mac proficient preferred
- Basic understanding of Final Cut Pro a plus
About Next Generation TV
Headed up by former congressman Allen West, Next Generation TV is new initiative from PJ Media. Next Generation TV examines the issues of the day through the lens of the next generation with daily news-oriented Internet video programming at Nextgeneration.tv.
PJ Media, LLC began in 2005 as an online blog site with correspondents in 40 countries providing information, and conservative leaning...