Position entails entering information into the company’s data base/computer system in order to facilitate the documentation and information retrieval process for all import/export transactions performed by the company. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SALARY RANGE: $10/HR
Please note applicants out of the geographic region for position applied will not be considered
- Ability to type 35 - 40 wpm
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and be detail oriented.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, multitask and possess strong initiative.
- Ability to communicate (read and write) at a basic level in both, English and Spanish.
- Ability to follow procedures and instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees
- Ability to work extended hours, holidays and/or weekends, as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use his fingers at all times.
- The employee occasionally is required to talk and/or hear.
- The employee is continuously required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Enter Bill of ladings into our computer system accurately.
- Enter and process correction notices and or adjustments.
- Meet required deadlines for manifest.
- Works extended hours in order to ensure all information pertaining to a specific vessel is entered so that it would not affect the sailing.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
- Assist Traffic and Customs Coordinator on various clerical duties.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Receives direct supervision from the Division Manager and indirect supervision from the Division VP. Does not exercise supervision over any other position.
- Indoors office. Exposed to controlled temperature and office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually busy (many phones in open cubicles).
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change
Seaboard Marine - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard