The Back-End developer reports to a Manager or Senior Manager in Data Warehousing Application Development. The developer is responsible for the overall development of an application or suite of applications supporting Data Warehouses and Data Marts in support of Business Intelligence and Reporting initiatives within Viacom Media Networks.
This Developer is involved in all activities relating to development projects including Report development, ETL development, data modeling and performance tuning as well as assisting in project planning and tracking, and delivery of systems solutions supporting the business community. The resource will become familiar with BI, supporting applications such as master data management and user front end tools to gather data.
The Developer partners with Sales Business Intelligence and Reporting teams to ensure Data Warehouse needs and goals are being met. This position will support the linear (TV) and digital (web) lines of business. This hands-on developer will be closely involved in the design and development of Data Warehouse solutions that the group supports and will help with design of Data Warehouse development projects and supporting production processes.
This position requires a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in application development efforts in a Business Intelligence/data warehouse environment.
• Develop and implement the full suite of Data Warehouse solutions: data warehouses and Data Marts, Cubes & ETL processes.
• Support existing data mart and ETL processes
• Work with master data management solution
• Work closely with Ad Sales Business Analysis group to help refine business requirements
• Development activities:
- Perform Data Modeling exercises using Kimball, Inmon methodologies
- Provide input to architecture and Design work sessions
- Present status of development in meetings
- Prepare detailed technical and design documentation
- Coordinate work with other development team members
- Assist the project/application manager with release, configuration, and change Management activities
• Ensure the quality of all deliverables
• Provide detailed status reporting
• Create technical specifications
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• 3-5 years experience in a data warehouse environment building data warehouses and data marts
• 3-5 years of experience with ETL tools (Informatica, Datastage, SSIS)
• 3-5 years expert level SQL knowledge (Stored Procedures, SQL syntax)
• 3-5 years expert level experience with SQL Server and/or Oracle
• Data modeling, Data warehouse and ETL architecting skills
• Good communication skills
• Excellent client/user interaction skills
• Not essential but a plus if the candidate has 3-5 years Business Intelligence/report design/development experience (preferably with Cognos or Business Objects)
• 3-5+ years of experience in an applications development team involved in Business Intelligence and data warehouse solutions.
• Experience designing and building data warehouses and data marts
• 3 years hands on experience
- With SQL Server or Oracle in a data warehouse environment
- Database programming (SQL, Procedural Programming)
• Familar with MS Project or other Project Management software
• Working knowledge of business intelligence tools (Cognos or Business Objects Preferred)
• College Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
Not Required But a Plus:
• Consulting experience with a major consultancy/system integration organization
• Experience in broadcast/cable television or digital ad sales systems
Viacom - 2 years ago