After nearly a century of protecting people and building futures, Pekin Insurance is dedicated to go beyond. Beyond the expected®. Our rule is golden: Give our customers what we would want ourselves. Give them service that goes the extra mile and products that meet both today’s need as well as tomorrow’s. Give our customers the financial stability that provides what we all want in today’s world: peace of mind.
Pekin Insurance is one of the top Property & Casualty insurance companies in the United States and ranks 111th out of 3,000 companies which puts us in the top 4% of Property & Casualty insurance companies in the nation. Pekin Insurance also ranks 140th out of 900 Life insurance companies in the nation—making Pekin Life in the top 16%. In the Midwest, Pekin Insurance boasts more than 850,000 policyholders and offers a broad portfolio of products sold by an independent agency force.
Our over 700 Home Office and Service Office employees lead by example in a team-effort environment where each member takes part in the decision-making process, while remaining committed to going Beyond the expected® in all their endeavors.
For more information, visit www.pekininsurance.com
The Senior Data Base Administrator (Sr. DBA) is responsible for the implementation, performance, maintenance, and enhancement of the company’s SQL server assets. They will work closely with technical services personnel concerning associated software and hardware infrastructure. Additionally, this role will be expected to produce and maintain standards, procedures and best practices as they relate to current / future SQL server implementations.
The Sr. DBA will also partner with developers and architects throughout the development lifecycle to ensure that design of all SQL Server database components are responsive, secure, reliable, high-performing, and maintainable.
Additionally, the Sr. DBA will also assist with the creation and maintenance of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for solutions built using the SQL Server platform, and will be directly responsible for ensuring SLA compliance of all database components in any such solutions.
Finally, this role will provide key oversight and consulting regarding database access methods, and will ensure that our databases are responsive to both current and future user and application access.
• Implements, monitors, maintains, and enhances SQL Server databases
• Proactively addresses SQL access and performance issues to ensure SLA compliance
• Proactively responds to shifts in access patterns or volumes using effective, best practice monitoring techniques and tools.
• Participates in all stages of the solution lifecycle, acts as a key resource for best practice in database implementation
• Acts as a key reviewer of all SQL Server data access design, in addition reviews imbedded or dynamically generated SQL code
• Works with security architecture to ensure best practices are implemented on the platform
• Specifically responsible for platform and database security, including but not limited to: General SQL server security practices, user roles and groups, access methods, integration with external security, and data encryption.
• Assists with and implements strategies for SQL back-end storage, archival, backup / restore and disaster recovery.
• Helps define and implement data quality strategies
• Acts as a key resource when evaluating vendor products using the SQL Server platform
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred. Associate’s degree with equivalent work experience considered
• Six+ years of experience as a database administrator
• Four+ years of DBA experience with recent versions of MS SQL server
• Expert-level experience with design and maintenance of MS SQL server:
o Security architecture
o Implementation of high availability, including, but not limited to, backup, replication, recovery, mirroring, etc.
o Installation, configuration and user maintenance
• Background in implementing large scale database applications
• Experience optimizing SQL Server performance
• Experience with different types of data access design
• Extensive monitoring and troubleshooting SQL Server experience
• Candidates with both operational and analytical (i.e. Kimball Data Warehouse) experience preferred
• Experience with SQL Server Analysis Services a plus
• Experience with farm and virtual implementations a plus
• Expert-level SQL coding
• Experience as first level support for multiple database applications
• Professional DBA-related certifications desired
• Knowledge of other database technologies, such as DB2, NoSQL
• Off-shift work will be required
• This is an on-call position. It will be rotated with other team members. On-call personnel are expected to be available 24 hours a day on their rotation
• Travel may be required
• Ongoing training and education will be required
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
• Health, Dental & Vision Plan
• 401(k) with Company Match
• Flexible Spending Account
• Vacation Time and Paid Holiday
• Life Insurance
• Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Discounts on Auto and Homeowners policies
• On-Site Café
Pekin Insurance - 6 months ago
WE SELL PROTECTION AND HELP BUILD FUTURES. AT PEKIN INSURANCE, WE PROVIDE PEACE OF MIND AND LONG-TERM SECURITY FOR OUR POLICYHOLDERS,...