Good Shepherd Services |
, a leading NYC non-profit committed to the success of young people and families, is currently seeking a Database Assistant, for our Government Contracts and Foundation Support Program in Manhattan.
The Database Assistant's primary area of responsibility will be the management of Good Shepherd Services' fundraising database system (Raiser's Edge). His/her secondary responsibilities will include the development and maintenance of other systems that facilitate the management of information. As a member of the Government and External Relations division, the Database Assistant will assist as needed with all aspects of the fundraising program and provide necessary administrative support.
- Assist with the management and maintenance of an accurate and up-to-date database system for the Government and External Relations division including database entry and report generation.
- Manage government contracts and foundation reporting schedule and ensure timely submission.
- Maintain standard contract documents for submission to public funders.
- Provide office management/administrative support such as photocopying, scanning/saving electronic files, faxing, mail merges, ordering supplies, providing once-a-week phone reception for the agency, etc.
- Sort, distribute and follow up on incoming department mail.
- Perform special project work as needed.
- Maintain Department procedures manual.
- Assist as needed with other Department functions, including but not limited to: grant proposals, contract renewals, licensure, and regular correspondence and assembly of funding applications for government and foundation submission.
- Support other Division functions as needed.
- Attend regular meetings as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- One year related experience and familiarity with office systems and procedures required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required; familiarity with fundraising database(s) preferred
- Must be self-motivated, detail and deadline oriented with superb follow-up and prioritization skills
- Must demonstrate ability to perform in a busy work environment during high volume periods
- Must demonstrate professional writing skills
- Proven ability to communicate with staff at all levels
- Must have a commitment to work from a strength based and/or youth development perspective
idealist.org - 12 months ago