Opportunity exists for an Oracle DBA to work with a team of skilled professionals in San Antonio. Consider joining an organization that values a balanced family life as much as they value a consistent work ethic. An excellent opportunity for those individuals willing to meet the challenge of working with the team of analysts and developers in support of a professional environment encompassing medium and large-scale applications.This DBA position will be involved in the development, maintenance and tuning of applications which comprise a large-scale DOD Civilian human resource system. This individual will assist staff in designing, installing, monitoring, maintaining and performance tuning of Oracle databases while ensuring a high-level of data availability.
Typical activities will include:
* Writing scripts to support common database utilities
* Assisting application developers in database access techniques and resolving connectivity issues
* Providing general database use recommendations and best practices
* Formulating policies, procedures and standards relating to database management
* Resolving Oracle errors and failures (working with Oracle support as necessary to resolve problems)
* Conducting routine DBA activities (i.e monitoring databases, tracing sessions, applying patches, tuning SQL and database instances, reviewing log files, backup and recovery and development of processes for automation of recurring tasks)
* At least three years of Database Administration experienceExperience with Oracle 8, 9i and 10g on a Unix platform (HP a big plus!)
* Experience with PL/SQLExperience with performance tuningExperience with Unix-scriptingDemonstrated problem-solving skills
* Excellent written and oral communication skillsSoftware development experience a plus
* B.S. Degree in a technical discipline (experience may be substituted)
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information (Thus, we are unable to sponsor H1-B candidates for this opportunity).
A challenging work environment and great benefits package await the right candidate (i.e. PAID employee medical & life insurance, holidays, vacation, 401k, etc).
About Diversified Technical Services Diversified Technical Services Inc. has been a highly successful Information Technology services provider to various Federal and State entities for over thirty years. DTSI is extremely proud of the services provided to its customers and of its longevity in such a challenging industry.We are committed to the principles of diversity and equal opportunity. For more information about our organization, please visit Our Company Website