Our client is looking for an e-Business Oracle DBA with RAC experience. Located in Las Vegas, relocation will be compensated within reason.
Client is searching for a eBusiness Oracle Database Administrator that will be challenged to provide both Database Administration support for corporate databases as well as the Application specific technical support for the Oracle Ebusiness Suite in Real Application Cluster (RAC) configuration
Must be relied upon to make critical decisions regarding production system availability in event of outage and determine appropriate recovery methods 11i Oracle Applications Installation including single and multinode RAC configurations.
- Be responsible for the installation of Oracle Backup and Recovery Tuning and troubleshooting installation of Oracle Application suite use of the AD utilities to perform maintenance and apply patches and ability to support Oracle Application Environments in a RAC configuration.
- Work closely with Application Development and Project staff to provide technical expertise performance tuning of systems and applications and overall database support
- Determine appropriate database system architecture and system requirements for Hardware and Software to support highly available serviceable and reliable database systems and repositories
- Make recommendations to management on need for new architecture servers system upgrades and software upgrades to ensure performance and reliability of database systems
- Provide Tier 3 support and resolve production issues Work independently and without supervision to perform tasks.
- Complete knowledge of Oracle Applications Environment Files Server Process Scripts and Languages and Oracle Applications File System configuration
- Use of autoconfig and rconfig utilities Proper use of AD Utilities and Administration and support of Patching and the AutoPatch Process
- Understand and maintain the Patch History Database Knowledge of the Oracle Applications License Manager and configuration utilities.
- Ability to Clone Oracle Applications environment in support of development and implementation activities.
- Provide development support in writing Structured Query Language programs and routines.
- Develop and support security backup and patch strategies for all databases.
- Strong understanding of Oracle Database technologies and methodologies is required in order to support the database environment.
- Document Databases Database Operations and Database designs and support an effective AdHoc and Fixed reporting strategy for all databases, by working directly with business units to determine employee needs.
- Use third party tools to design implement and maintain database schemas, as well as monitor system performance and characteristics.
- Be able to manage multiple projects and tasks effectively and completely with proactive communications formal project plans and meticulous documentation.
- Work independently and without supervision to perform aforementioned tasks.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Provide on call DBA support as required (all time will be compensated)
(No third parties, please)
- 10-15 years of IT experience in IT
- 5-7 years working as a DBA
- 3 years of e-Business Oracle experience
- Oracle RAC
- Strong Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline
(No H1s, please)
(Local candidates only, please)
Don't hesitate! Submit your resume today.
SMCI is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, age, national origin, sex, marital status, prior military service or mental or physical disability.
e-Business, Oracle 11i; RAC.
SMCI - 2 years ago
For more than thirty years SMCI has been an IT staffing solutions leader in the regional markets we serve. Our staffing services include...