Our stable client in the Phoenix area is looking for a Database Administrator/SR
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Monitor capacity, performance, and tuning of all SQL servers; troubleshoot server and database problems; maximize performance and tuning of all SQL servers. Understand execution plans.
Create and review database designs and databases with proper index architecture related code; assist development team with specifications and requirements regarding data and database design following division standards and best practices.
Perform normal day-to-day administrative tasks, such as security and access management, support of normal scheduled jobs, support of backup and recovery jobs. Assist with code and data migrations from one environment to another.
Migrate and transform data from and to the different database environments. Design and build internal applications/processes to improve the administration and support of the database/application environment.
Install and test upgrades and patches for the database servers and the database management tools in all environments. Provide on-call support on a team rotation.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:Operating Systems/Environment:
Programming Languages/Development Tools:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (Advanced); Virtual Machine/VMware (Intermediate)
Database Systems/Database Tools:
- Visual Studio (Intermediate)
- SQL Server 2008 R2 (Performance Monitor - Intermediate); SSRS 2008 R2 (Desired Tools: SQL Sentry, Idera (SQL Admin Toolset, Comparison Toolset & Compliance Manager); T-SQL Profiler (Other desired tool: MS Windows Debug diagnostic)
QA/Testing - Approaches, Applications:
- .Net 4.0 Framework (Intermediate)
- Systems Development Methodologies SDM (Intermediate); MS Project (Intermediate)
(No third parties, please)
- TFS-Team Foundation Server; Deploy web apps using MSI; ITS (Internet Info Server)
(No H1s, please)
(Local candidates only, please)
Don't hesitate! Submit your resume today.
SMCI is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, age, national origin, sex, marital status, prior military service or mental or physical disability.
Windows Server 2008 R2, Virtual Machine/VMware, Visual Studio.
For more than thirty years SMCI has been an IT staffing solutions leader in the regional markets we serve. Our staffing services include...