Founded in 2003, YouSendIt was working in the cloud before the term was even coined. At first the service was a simple way to send the large attachments that email couldn’t process, but has since grown to offer full online storage and management capabilities. Today, the company serves 35 million registered users across 193 countries and 98 percent of the Fortune 500. Aside from offering consumers an essential free service, YouSendIt’s renowned reliability, untouched data security and endless innovation make it the go-to solution for businesses, big and small.
YouSendIt is looking for exceptional people to help deliver the next generation of collaboration services and revolutionize the way people work. We like creative, innovative, smart folk who take the initiative and don’t want to hand it back. If that sounds like you and you want to work for a fun and friendly company in an exciting and growing space, find your next great job at YouSendIt.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Ensure overall integrity of enterprise transactional MySQL and MSSQL databases
· Develop scaling strategies including data partitioning, sharding, replication, and federation
· Create and manage geographically separated master/slave, and multi-master replications
· Set up new database servers and configure/tune existing database for environment specific optimization (high read, high write, random seek)
· Advise on the selection and configuration of hardware support peak database performance
· Perform regular maintenance as necessary to maintain peak performance (e.g. rebuild indices, optimize paging)
· Work with software developers to understand data use case and devise most efficient schema to meet performance and business needs
· Advise/Build unit tests and load tests for use by the Quality Assurance team to simulate database use
· Review and deploy all schema changes across all non development stages
· Manage the regular flow of data from production back to staging environments
· Regularly analyze logs for performance enhancements (slow queries, errors)
· Create and maintain schema documentation (e.g. written, UML)
· Create, Deploy and fine tune SSRS reports and Services
· Create, Deploy and maintain SSIS packages.
· Create Backup and maintain SSAS cubes and services.
· Experience with Data Warehousing concepts and technologies.
· Bachelor’s degree in a computer related discipline, master’s preferred.
· Minimum four (4) years administering multi-gigabyte MySQL 4.X/5.X deployment
· Minimum four (4) years administering multi-gigabyte MSSQL Server 2008 deployment
· Equally comfortable in Windows and Linux environment
· Previous experience working in a multi-master environment; multi-site experience preferred
· Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals particularly relational theory, security, and data management
YouSendIt, Inc. - 19 months ago