JOB RESPONSIBILITIES |
• Manages, reviews and enforces security, health, environmental regulations. Ensures distribution center associates and procedures adhere to local, state and federal regulations and to SHC policy and procedures. Notifies appropriate personnel when center is not in compliance or potentially is not in compliance. Develops and administers loss prevention programs and increases their awareness.
• Coordinates, monitors and maintains inspection records of all Loss Prevention related equipment. Works in conjunction with local, state and federal agencies in partnership with Risk Management to ensure compliance of requirements. Ensures fire and intrusion equipment is operable. Obtains new equipment or necessary repairs when approved. Ensures fire hazards are eliminated and conducts periodic drills and inspections to maintain fire and emergency readiness.
• Manages the development, implementation and administration of operational policies, programs and systems within functional areas. Establishes methods and procedures for departmental work activities; identifies and resolves operational problems; and communicates expertise and approvals concerning departmental activities.
• Reviews and evaluates distribution center inventory, shrink, damage, OSHA recordable injuries, and workers’ compensation costs, and initiates appropriate actions to prevent, control and reduce loss.
• Hires, orients, trains, evaluates, recommends pay increases and develops Loss Prevention associates. When necessary carries out disciplinary actions or recommends termination of employment.
• Shares and provides appropriate information and anticipates information needs of all distribution center associates in accordance with company quality and communication time schedule requirements.
• Oversees, implements and monitors loss prevention policies and procedures to detect and minimize criminal activity. Oversees and assists investigations and initiates criminal prosecution as necessary; implements proactive measures to combat theft and shrink through theft and shrink awareness programs.
• Establishes sound process improvement initiatives that drive year over year improvement.
• Ensures quick response teams are established and trained; oversees distribution center safety team.
• Manages contract security company relationship.
• Establishes and maintains working relationship with local police and fire departments.
• Maintains high awareness towards safety, damage and loss prevention by conducting training seminars/programs with operations management and associates.
• Ability to physically access all areas of working environment that he/she is responsible for to observe operations, observe associates, instruct in methods of operation, and assess needs.
• Oversees audit process within the distribution facility.
• Establishes and maintains internal and external partnerships.
• Initiates and completes other duties assigned per Regional Logistics Loss Prevention Manager.
• Implements and executes Loss Prevention Best Practices.
• Manages Loss Prevention Budget within assigned Distribution Center(s).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Education/Training
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Experience
• Five (5) years of loss prevention, fire prevention, safety, or security experience or equivalent preferred. Role specific abilities/skills
• Strong leadership, administrative, computer knowledge, organizational and management skills.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Skilled in interrogation and investigation tactics desirable.
• Good analytical ability to gather and interpret information, and develop, recommend and implement solutions.
• Knowledge of Occupational Safety Health Act, environmental, safety, health and loss prevention rules and regulations desirable.
• Ability to travel.
• Technical knowledge of security systems; i.e. alarms, CCTV, etc. desirable.
• Must successfully complete a detailed personal security background investigation that may include the following: credit history, criminal history and motor vehicle history.
Sears Holdings Corp. - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...